Multitrack Mac app with song list

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kazper said:
Could you do some clever program change commands at the end of each logic session that basically changes to the next song?

It would just have to increment the program change +1 each time.

As far as connection's between Logic and Onstage, there is many ways to do this.
Here is one option: http://notahat.com/midi_patchbay/
I'm not sure that I understand your suggestion.  :-\Let me elaborate... If I start with song 1. and at the end I have to add Pg CH for song 2. that's OK, but to change songs order I have to modify every single PG change inside songs.
Regarding little routing/transpose app it's cool, but what I suppose to do with that. Sorry I don't understand  ???

I wasn't quite awake this morning in my response. I did actually take a look at Logic integrating with OnStage today.

I think you should shoot fluqe a email in regards to the problem you have and see if they could add a feature like what your trying to get. Even if it could understand Midi Control messages like #96 which is data +1 for program change it would be huge.

Manually entering program changes using controller or keyboard you could still select the wrong song so easy etc...

Entering the program changes in each one of the logic songs is cumbersome but it does automate this for you at no cost. If you go this route, the midi patchbay application could tie them together.

You may also be able to use a program called midipipe and do some Apple scripting to do what you want.
http://web.mac.com/nicowald/SubtleSoft/MidiPipe.html

Moby said:
Hi guys  :)
Does anyone  know if we can create a song list in logic 9 or some other audio multitrack Mac app? What I mean is a SONG LIST. Yes a song list that brings up another song and disables the current song. Song list for live situations, where we may have 30 different songs that we want to arrange in a different order any night we choose.  ;D

Hi Moby,

what I use in everyday live-situations in theatre sound is QLab-very easy to use,fast to edit lists and capable to do a lot more use full things.You can download the software and try it as demo for 15 days or so.Here´s the link:

http://figure53.com/qlab/

Hope to have helped,

Udo.

Thanks Udo. I'm sill trying to solve problem under the Logic audio, but I will have on mind this cute little app  ;)

Moby said:
Thanks Udo. I'm sill trying to solve problem under the Logic audio, but I will have on mind this cute little app  ;)

You´re welcome,

this "cute little app" is a real playback system capable of handling up to 48 outputs.If necessary it also plays videos.
You can play back anything from mono files to multitrack;setting up multitrack files is super easy and can be groups/folders to keep your playlist clean.Also it has a simple mixer and even a 48/48 matrix on board.
I use it live while looking at a conductor,my piano notes or whatever is happening onstage.It starts immediately because you can preload the beginnings of your files into the RAM,and everything stays in sync-awesome.
And it´s cheap compared to other playback software-even available as edu-version! ;)

Cheers,

Udo.

Latest posts

Back