Jim Williams

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn... RIP...  I learned a lot from reading his old articles in the engineering rags when I was a young circuitry sponge (and read magazines).

I nominate Sam to review his sine wave generator article and finish it if it is close... I'll bet he came up with some clever new angles on that classic design task.

JR

pucho812 said:
just cecking the facts. R.I.P. off to the great op-amp in the sky

You kidding me? Jim was dabbling with bipolars long before opamps...

Maybe it should be

"off to the great collector in the sky"

Samuel Groner said:
I nominate Sam to review his sine wave generator article and finish it if it is close...

Both articles are finished and will get published (just checked with Paul Rako), so no need for an amateur to skip in ;).

Samuel

Good, thank you. I am interested in seeing what he came up with.

Jim and RAP were always worth investing the time to read their articles.

JR

I simply love the picture (in that article) of the man in his working kitchen... anecdotal.

Wow.  How sad.  He was truly one of the greats of our era.  "An engineer's engineer" really sums it up.  If you haven't read his two books, do yourself a favor.  They aren't just electronics books, they are "how to be a good engineer" books.  He will be missed, but his legacy is still with us in his articles, books, app notes, and designs as well as the people he inspired.

http://www.computerhistory.org/highlights/analoglife/

The baby bottles app note mentioned in the video. I looked it up due to the VCCS that is shown, exactly what I needed. Easily the most elegant solution compared to all the others I found some time ago.

Latest posts

Back