Canada Post lock out

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biasrocks said:
The conservative government legislated them back to work after being locked out by Canada Post management.

Mark

Much to the chagrin of the union. It's a bit controversial. They have legislated a lower wage for workers, and an arbitrator to get involved should the Union on Canada post not agree soon. The problem is the arbitrator will look at both deals, and then pick one instead of helping the two sides come to an agreement. I am glad that the postal service will be back up and running, but terms don't seem fair to the workers.

If it is anything like here it may be one of those things where the Private sector can't support the wages and benefits that are coming down the line.  Its the same thing that happened to USA Auto workers and will happen soon with many of our Government Jobs.  Most of all of the bailout money went to these guys so they would not feel any of the recession.  But know that money is running out so they will start to feel it.  This only after Government workers got pay raises while the private sector has been carrying the weight on our shoulders.

I have a feeling here will see more pain. Obama (and last term of Bush) and the past House and Senate only postponed the pain and pushed the debt on to future generations.  At some point in order to actually deal with the economy we will have to feel more pain.  It will happen now or later.  The farther off it goes the more damage will actually be done.  Its like a family who keeps spending but on a credit card.  At some point you have to stop spending and start paying off the credit card.  Instead our government took out a credit card in our kids names so they could keep spending.  Maybe if half of these politicians actually created something like a product or a job they would understand.  We need more guys in office on both side of the political view point who have actually have created jobs and business instead of guys who run campaigns and talk big promises with out a clue.

(Don't take this as cold hearted, I feel bad for folks who said they would get a pension and don't.  But we have to be responsible with our money and country so it is time to start to buckle down.)

my 3 cents

Ptownkid said:
Rolling back the starting wage for all new hires to $18 an hour for a job that requires no training or special skills does not bother me in the least.

That's true. There were some other things about pension, sick days, and safety. I haven't really paid too much attention of late.

Everyone getting their stuff? I heard they weren't rushing to get the back log of mail out. Just doing a little at a time. My CM 2480 just showed up today. Wow is it small! Anyway, I was glad to see it show up before I left the country.

dandeurloo said:
We signed up for Lifelock.  One of the best things about it we don't get any more junk mail!

Nice! I really don't get too much junk mail. Although the first mail delivery we got after they went back to work was bills and junk. Not very exciting at all.

Back