for the car geeks out there

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUEEF BAG said:
i'm glad i can't afford one of those,

'cause i'd wanna DRIVE it.

and i prefer to keep my risk factors low

Haha exactly. Every car I've owned I've found it impossible not to find out how fast it'll go within the first month. That might not go so well in a supercar

andrew_k said:
QUEEF BAG said:
i'm glad i can't afford one of those,

'cause i'd wanna DRIVE it.

and i prefer to keep my risk factors low

Haha exactly. Every car I've owned I've found it impossible not to find out how fast it'll go within the first month. That might not go so well in a supercar

ME TOO! and i own a citroen berlingo..... so that's 140km/h against wind and 150KM/h up wind!  8) 8) 8)

I read a disturbing piece about some new 500+ HP rice rocket.. The lawyer influenced engineers connected the GPS up to a governor so the car can't go faster than 112 MPH when the GPS detects that it's outside a pre-approved race track... 

Why bother? I'd hit the governor driving home from the gym some nights. Unless that's illegal which means I'm only exaggerating here and really don't ever drive that fast.  8)

JR

The Bugatti gets around the lawyers by requiring that the vehicle is started using the key in an entirely different lock position (in the FLOOR of the car) from the 'daily' position for all superspeed runs. -Otherwise it's limited, and employs aero, electronic and mechanical safety aids which limit the vehicle's speed and acceleration.  -Inserting the key into the second slot implies acceptance of the risk on personal and liability bases.

In Germany, many roads are frequently 150+MPH... Won't sell many there, possibly... but the acceleration is still pretty blistering even if max power is speed-limited.

Keith

Ohhhh noooooo...  :), my dad owns a 2CV for the sunday rides, and believe me looks weird but it's a lovely car to have, sad just for the old lady....

Latest posts

Back