intermittent noise

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pirate

The studio has an Amek Angela that is having intermittent noise on one side.
It is an intermittent sizzle on the left side, but it goes away when i patched in the 33609 on the master insert. There was a mix session happening so we left well enough alone to get through the session.

It was there when i took the pre-fader mix to the monitors and bypassed the rest of the master section. If i select an external input (tape 1, 2, or 3) instead of the stereo buss, it is not present. So i think it's something in the stereo buss or at least before the master fader. All Channels muted, still there. Could it be a ground issue? it's a very irregular/unpredictable sizzle.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

pirate said:
The studio has an Amek Angela that is having intermittent noise on one side.
It is an intermittent sizzle on the left side, but it goes away when i patched in the 33609 on the master insert. There was a mix session happening so we left well enough alone to get through the session.
Dirty switch contacts on TRS insert jacks are pretty common problems with consoles.
It was there when i took the pre-fader mix to the monitors and bypassed the rest of the master section. If i select an external input (tape 1, 2, or 3) instead of the stereo buss, it is not present. So i think it's something in the stereo buss or at least before the master fader. All Channels muted, still there. Could it be a ground issue? it's a very irregular/unpredictable sizzle.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

If the stereo bus is routed through the suspect dirty insert jack switch, while external tape inputs aren't , that is consistent with the insert jack needing to be cleaned or replaced.

JR

I thought i had given it a straight patch, but im not sure right now.

Thanks for the tips, i will dig in once this session is wrapped.

Cheers!

Back