the wonders of stupid never stop amazing me

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

white-trash-repairs-thanks-flatty1.jpg

I once repaired a product that had a piece of round aluminum stock, in place of a standard fast blow fuse. I charged the customer a stupidity tax, and he wasn't happy... but he did toast the guts of his unit.

I didn't bother to calculate the fuse current of that aluminum stock, but probably more than that screw driver, which is clearly unwise.

At least that screw driver fuse has a safety handle.  ;D

JR

I wonder if the fuse or screwdriver would pop first??
I think the fuse...and if the fuse pops then theres no more power then!

3nity said:

It would be a toss-up between the load, the outlet connection, and the screwdriver.  My dime would be on the outlet.  Fire city unfortunately.
Mike

More than one idiot has replaced an automotive fuse (the round, cylindrical type) with a .22 caliber bullet. More than one idiot has been shot by his own bullet fuse. Don't argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. DW.

Tubemooley said:
More than one idiot has replaced an automotive fuse (the round, cylindrical type) with a .22 caliber bullet. More than one idiot has been shot by his own bullet fuse. Don't argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. DW.

Mythbusters pretty much busted that one...  They were able to make the .22 go off with the heat from a short circuit, but not cause enough projectile velocity from the explosion to injure anybody. I suspect the noise would be startling inside a closed area. 

Arguing with dumb people is like wrestling with pigs in the mud. After a while you realize they enjoy rolling around in the mud.

JR

Nice.  The last time I saw something like this in the real world, someone had disconnect the cold water ground and cut off 6" of bare #6 wire to stuff in place of the fuse.

3nity said:
Yep  the fuse !  ,  Unless  the mains feeder cables insulation breaks down through overheat .....and 20kva goes balistic !?
Then the supply companys air breaker would hopefully  trip, ?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDLzgZdt8ZM

At great expense to everyone in the area

Astoundingly stupid  :eek:

it actually amazes me just how many removed Earths, tin foil fuses and generally dangerous bodges i have come across.

I'm even more amazed every time you get little more than a nonchalant shrug, whenever you point out these clearly visible and dumb things to people.

common sense is in decline.

Latest posts

Back