Searching for infos/schematics about Siemens console (811605)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree! I tested only the preamps for now (direct output) and need to finish the master section to hear at the eqs.
I heard as well these would be mastering grade... I don't know... but the test will reveal what they are to me ;)
I am very pleased with the elna silmic I use instead the old ones, there's 0 harshness. (so bad there's no axial)
I don't know, many people tell there's no influence to the sound, but when I recapped some gear with certain bc caps,
I was really able to hear a harshness that wasn't there. 

I see some bc109c was replaced with some bc413b , and  bc179b replaced with bc415b
does it will change the sound? some transistor are better than others? thanks

All the direct ouputs works great, but I have big problem to get audio signal from the channels strip to feed the master bus.
From the schematic it should be 14/15/16/17 (after the pan pot 2x5k lin) and I have no signal
What I don't understand is I have all the voltages right for the complete channel and I have same problem for all the channels.
I attached the complete schematic of the channel, if someone could help me about this it would be very nice as I searched many hours with no result... :(
thank you

Looks to me that your output is on pins 21, 23, & 25.

Pins 15 & 17 are connected to ground.
Pan pot outputs are 14 & 16, but they need an input in 26 & 22. Therefore can only work with the module actually plugged in the console...

Axel

Thanks Axel but 14/15, 16/17 go to the master bus, as well 8/9 which are for pfl I think.
I can see 21,23,25 on the schematic but not on the channel
Do you know what test procedures I could do to find the problem? (all the voltages on the channels are already ok)

Attachments

• rsz_img_2390.jpg
    rsz_img_2390.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 16
Maybe insert in/out should be connected???
When I put signal to mic input I have it on the insert out but nothing on the master bus
and when I put signal to insert in I have signal on the master bus... I don't know

thekid777 said:
Thanks Axel but 14/15, 16/17 go to the master bus, as well 8/9 which are for pfl I think.
I can see 21,23,25 on the schematic but not on the channel
Do you know what test procedures I could do to find the problem? (all the voltages on the channels are already ok)

Check with a scope if you have signal on C22, 23, & 24.

In one of the pic you posted, I can see a green wire going from the output of C22 to one lug of the pan pot... This connection is not on the schemo but would connect pins 21 & 26. Is there something similar for C23? On every channel?

Axel

thekid777 said:
Maybe insert in/out should be connected???
When I put signal to mic input I have it on the insert out but nothing on the master bus
and when I put signal to insert in I have signal on the master bus... I don't know
Sorry guys I'm learning!

Definitely worth some investigation! Dunno what kind of connectors you have for the insert? Maybe the normaling was made originally at the patchbay?
Cannot hurt to connect insert out to insert in, as from the schemo they need to be connected!

Axel

thekid777 said:
Someone could help me please for calibration of the master bus?

Hi,

first, set 0,7VDC on the emitter of the TS4 using R15,
then set 8,6VDC on the emitter of the TS3 using R6. Confirm DC voltages at the TS1 and TS2.
Finally, set AC gain of the amp (for 27,5mV at the input, the output should be 1380mVAC)
using R9.

Regards,
Milan

Latest posts

Back