recomend a solder pot that is reasonable in price

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnRoberts said:
I haven't seen one in use for a few decades,,, tinning wire leads, really small PCBs, etc.  very old school.

JR

Well was thinking I could up speed up cable production in the shop with a solder pot. Could tin all leads on a cable at a time

I have a couple that look like the 100w one that mnats linked.  They heat up quick enough and they aren't so big that you can't afford to fill them with solder. 

A few tips:
  • always skim dross with stainless utensils (old knife or scrap metal) so you don't contaminate your bath too much.
  • use a tiny amount of flux for tinning wires, we use a bottle cap with a 1/16" of liquid rosin flux
  • find higher temperature wire when you are getting the hang of it (or be ready to burn a little insulation learning)
  • you can only tin about 4-6 wires at a time before you start blobbing them together.
  • works well for wire prep -- you can tin the shield and both conductors in one shot

Latest posts

Back