Amek Mozart Console Schematics tale.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielle

Hi people,
A friend of mine here in Oz recently enquired with a UK company as to acquiring a set of schems for the above.
He contacted me as he knows I've been chasing the schems for the Rupert Neve MZ15-RN input channel
www.audiomaintenance.com/pdf/mz15.pdf
off & on for 18 months.
Here's a snip from the email he received back:

"The schematics are contained within the technical manual which is a stock item, it costs GBP 120.00 ....However, it's too big for airmail so it has to be sent by courier which adds about GBP 80.00 (it weighs about 5.5kg!!... it is 300+ pages of A4 and 100+ pages of A3 supplied in 2 binders)."

$491.314 AUD :shock:
He, um, won't be buying it.
So I'm back where I started___no schem!
If anybody out there can help me out I would be able to stop slamming my head against a brick wall to calm the growing frustration.
Regards,
Danielle
BTW The company, http://www.audiomaintenance.com/home.htm, in their defense, was apparently polite & prompt & has a great range of parts.
Many of which I imagine could be utilised in other brand projects.

Hi! - I know a guy that worked at Amek and helped design the mozart. In fact I think he wrote the manual!! He's probably got one in the garage.

He was my uni lecturer but has left unfortunately. If you give me a couple of weeks I could probably get in touch with him, try and get whatever you need.

Do you need schems for the whole desk??

I'm not going to guarantee I'll get it but its worth a shot....

Good luck in the mean time
Cheers Tom

[EDIT] Oh, I just saw you want the RN input channel....

Love that consolle
Great sounding pres and EQ,
many Mina and Morricone masterpieces have been mixed on it
I will never sell it out until I'll be able to maintain it
Every engineer has his own tools and the Mozart with the mz15 rn does his great job

here is the schematic

http://www.slideshare.net/stefanomanca908/mz15rn-input-module-schems

Thanks, but,

Unfortunately, the schematics posted there are not readable - they are just below needed resolution for component value decoding..

And I'm not sure that slideshare.net is a good host for this type of documents (I'd much prefer a .pdf in our local Technical Documents - if possible)

Jakob E.

Back