Marinair LO1166 Transformer repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjstrat

I hope one of you can help with this,
I have a few Marinair LO1166 Transformers that were damaged years ago in shipping, the wires from the winding to the terminals are broken off and I don't know if there is a way to safely remove the varnish to try and repair the wires. Obviously these need to be saved if possible, so if there is anyone out there who knows how to do this, or knows of someone who can, it would greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
RJ

I had this happen to a few of mine. What i did, was to dig out the varnish deep enough where the bare broken wire was(carefully), then i put a wire through the top plate and soldered it to the broken wire(i think i stripped it a bit first with a razor)...redid the varnish/goup with some contact covering(generously)  and made sure continuity was ok; called it day. :) I think this happened to two of them?... in shipping.

They sound and work perfectly after the fact.

yes it can be done as desol suggests.  you can use a heat gun (hair dryer), or solvent to loosen the red varnish a bit.  then dig out the broken end of the wire, scrape or otherwise remove the enamel, and then re-connect to the terminal with a small wire.

ed

Thanks all for help,
Can you tell me what solvent would work best? I don't want to use the wrong stuff or over soak.
Thanks again,
RJ

Guys, excuse me for hijacking the thread...

Ed Anderson, I have a personal question to you, could you please PM me your contact info? I tried to send you a message, but your inbox is full. Thanks!

Hello
I'm a new member, reviving a very old thread...
I have a Focusrite Compounder which needs servicing, and i would need the schematics / service manual.
I see that it had been posted (10 years ago !) here, so i am wondering if anyone would still have it and would agree to share it again ?
Thank you in advance,

Latest posts

Back