DIY gear and customs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rybow

I wonder if I am going to run into any issues here. I am moving to NZ, and I have receipts for all my other gear. Customs in NZ stipulates that electronics must have be owned for 6 months prior to shipping them to avoid paying duty. Anyone have any experience with this and their DIY gear?

Thats not a bad idea. I was also thinking about printing off all my paypal invoices. Of course, the lack of manufacturing logos and such may be all I need. Just want to be sure!

I'm a NZ'er but have spent substantial lumps of time overseas (US & UK). Every time I've returned, I've brought metric craploads of aquired gear with me. Customs are pretty reasonable and as long as it isn't brand new in sealed boxes, you probably don't have much to worry about. God help you if you bring any biological / organic material with you however.
M

Cool Mobyd! Thanks. Sounds like I have nothing to worry about, except the organic/biological thing. I remember last year when we flew into Auckland, and they put our bags through a big x ray machine to check for any food, animals etc. Pretty hardcore, but understandable considering the fragile ecosystem. I'm going to be scrubbing everything with a toothbrush.

Latest posts

Back