Audio Amateur sold to Elektor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pstamler

Hi folks:

The editorial in the new issue of audioXpress brings the news that the company has been sold to the UK branch of Elektor, which has had loose ties with Audio Amateur Publications for a while now. Ed Dell has been running the shop since The Audio Amateur was founded in 1970; he's 89 now and ready to do something else.

I've had the great privilege of writing articles for Ed since 1980; in fact, Ed published the first thing I ever wrote on my own, way back when, and I've always been grateful for the support he gives his authors. He went the extra mile for us, and we'd all do that for him willingly.

I don't begrudge Ed the chance to put his feet up after 41 years in the saddle, but I'm going to miss corresponding with him a lot, and the personal touch he brought to the magazines. Ed, you built something wonderful, and we're all richer for it.

Peace,
Paul

Good for him...

Congrats to Ed for a long run, in a business that has seen many changes over 4 decades.

JR

PS: I wrote one article for TAA (my last phono Preamp design), but that was back in the '80s when I was still flogging my kit business.  Ed printed a few of my letters, as I wasn't always in perfect agreement with that crowd (go figure).

Latest posts

Back