Who lives in a worse place than me?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylar

Anyone? Proof required.

OK-weather.jpg

Well it sucks here!  It was 101 but with heat index it was 113 today.  It has been so humid.  My rear view mirror feel off because it was so hot it melted the glue.  Haha.  Sucks here.  Oh and the best part is in the winter it will be minus 30 degrees. 

Skylar said:
Anyone? Proof required.

OK-weather.jpg
Is that equivalent to 40 degrees in Australia or actually almost double the amount of Australians hottest weather?

If so, is that possible, that's like living in an oven???

It's about 43 degress Celsius.  Pretty damn hot!  A few years ago here we had 45 Celsius in the shade (about 113 Fahrenheit), but that was pretty out there.  Usually get a week or two around 40 degrees every year though, and I'm glad it's only a short time.

I have been in Arizona and New Mexico in the summertime.  Having been in Minneapolis in both the winter and the summer, I'd say it wins.  It's like the greatest hits of both the swamps of Louisiana and blizzards of Donner pass rolled up into one place.

I know it's a cliche, but I'd take a dry 107F over a wet 100F any day of the week.  We're getting up to 100F this week in Jersey, but the humidity won't be too bad.

-Chris

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/mb-38_metric_e.html

well............................ although we may not get as hot as you ,
we also get waay colder  +30 to -30 C and worse

that's about 96 today and often more than -22 F  in January ,
[ already 80f at 9:00 a.m. I think you call that an extreme climate

either one is car breaking weather though and gotta say last time i was in vegas
and it was 40 c , that was tough to walk more than a block or so , dry heat or not .

Today , I'll be on a film set , old house NO a.c. lots of hot lights , should get some
great interviews .............

You win for temp by several degrees. Let me know if you need some humidity?

Last summer I made a vest I loaded up with ice cubes to wear while running outside. So far this year I haven't used it, but I probably will,,, It was already 100' here back in June.

JR (MS warm)

JohnRoberts said:
Last summer I made a vest I loaded up with ice cubes to wear while running outside.

What color was it? (please say transparent)

Average year-round humidity where I live is 70%, but frequently hits 100% in the summer.

Now let's see a picture of that magic vest!

desol said:
JohnRoberts said:
Last summer I made a vest I loaded up with ice cubes to wear while running outside.

What color was it? (please say transparent)

The Ice vest is a WIP and not worthy of a photo, yet.

last years model was a repurposed old white mesh running shirt that I folded up to sew some large pockets into the front and back. I wore it under a normal T-shirt and looked a little lumpy starting out.

In the course of running my 5 miles, even a couple pounds of ice completely melted, and it was uncomfortably cold for the first mile or so. later I added some thin micro foam to make it less uncomfortable at the start, and hopefully slow down the rate of melt.

I used baggies to hold the ice cubes and after the ice melts I can drink the water.

I would love to come up with some way to draw my breathing air in through the ice, so I could inhale cool air directly into my lungs where my blood is trying to dump core heat to the outside air. Of course you don't want something hard to breath through while running.

Even though I was carrying a few pounds of extra ice, it was well worth it.

As the summer gets hotter I may revisit this.  I can really notice the difference when the air temp gets up above 98.6' and any light breeze feels hotter instead of cooler.

BTW, running 5 miles in 100' heat is not for casual runners... don't try this at home...

JR

I have AC but we have been sleeping down stair because it so hot upstairs even with the AC.  Its gonna be normal after Wednesday so hopefully I will be back in my bed then. 

But really lets see the ICE VEST!

Latest posts

Back