Neve 1073

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burglar

Hi all,

I'm new here.  I'm very keen to embark on a preamp project.  I have little to no experience with circuitry however I am a good
DIY'r and a quick learner.  I was thinking of doing a Neve 1073.  Is this a good choice for my first project, if not could some of you make suggestions for a good high end, reasonably simple pre to start with. 

Also, could you advise me of a good place to start with learning how to build these projects i.e reading schematics, possible some tutorials and such?  What is a good starting point?

big thanks in advance!

Use the search function, this question gets asked every week.

personally i would suggest a simpler pre like a api312 as a beginner project. Less parts and a lot easier to troubleshoot.

have a look at the meta meta  for more info.

greetings,

Thomas

If you have a 500-series rack, you might attempt the Sound Skulptor 1073 kit. Otherwise, I agree with the others, attempt an easier first project.

I compiled a list to answer just this question: http://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/3927/getting-started-21-newbie-friendly-diy-projects/

Latest posts

Back