Beyerdynamic MCE58 Mic problem with DV Camera

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalMetal

Hi,
I have just got a beyerdynamic MCE58 Reporters mic to use with MY Sony DCR Vx2000E DV Camera and im having trouble getting it to work.
This may be a cabling problem but heres the lowdown on whats happening and hopefully someone with some experience on this kinda thing can help?

Ok, the mic takes a AA 1.5 Volt battery to power it, and if i out a bettery in it powers up ok.
The camera has a minijack input so i have made up an XLR to mini jack (the minijack is a trs (stereo) so i wired it as follows

XLR Pin    TRS
    2            T
    3            R
    1            s

Im not getting anything from the mic when plugged into the Cam i also tried it wired it as follows:

XLR Pin      TRS
  2              T
  2              R
  1              S

And still no joy,

The mic works ok if i plug it into my Amek 9098 Outboard Mic Pre amp so im not so sure there is a fault with the mic.

Can anyone help at all ?

Thanks !

no ideas at all?

perhaps there is something wrong with the mic because a crappy PC soundcard microphone is working fine with my DV cam.
I cant take the Mic back to a shop because i bought it used so im confined to trying to fix it,
The board inside is SMD but not so bad that i couldnt replace parts but knowing where to start failt finding is my problem,
I guess i begin just checking the values of components are still what they are labelled to be.

Back