groupdiy gmail

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rh001

Hi!  I'm new here - hope to have something useful to contribute in the future.

In the meantime, I'm looking for SSL542 schematics and/or pinout.

I am having trouble logging into the groupdiy gmail account. 9 out of 10 tries resulted in the system asking me to answer security questions the answers to which I could not possibly know. 

Oddly, once I was not presented with the security questions, and I did see the inbox, which oddly only contained 48 items..

Can someone tell me the answers to the security questions?  New York did not seem to work. 

Anyone got SSL542 (Equalizer) schematics or pinout?

Cheers

Rob

just tried it out.

was met with

Hey [email protected], is that really you?

It looks like you’re signing in to your account from a new location. Just so we know this is you — and not someone trying to hijack your account — please complete this quick verification. Learn more about this additional security measure.
Choose a verification method
Confirm my phone number: •••••••••29
Hint: •••••••••29
Google will check if this is the same phone number we have on file -- we won't send you any messages.
Confirm my recovery email address: 0••••••b@s••••••.•••.••.••
Hint: 0••••••b@s••••••.•••.••.••
Google will check if this is the same email address we have on file – we won't send you any messages.
Answer my security question

just answer the security question and off you go... It's easy

Is this account still available? I'm getting the same security message.What phone number or email verification is needed?

Hey [email protected], is that really you?

It looks like you’re signing in to your account from a new location. Just so we know this is you — and not someone trying to hijack your account — please complete this quick verification. Learn more about this additional security measure.
Choose a verification method
Confirm my phone number: •••••••••29
Hint: •••••••••29
Google will check if this is the same phone number we have on file -- we won't send you any messages.
Confirm my recovery email address: 0••••••b@s••••••.•••.••.••
Hint: 0••••••b@s••••••.•••.••.••
Google will check if this is the same email address we have on file – we won't send you any messages.
Answer my security question

when i try to get into groupdiy gmail it says

We've detected suspicious activity on your Google Account. Please create a new password to continue using your account.

Anyone have the same problem?

Just a thought....

does this occur when somebody accesses the email account and forgets to sign off?

Davo said:
Just a thought....

does this occur when somebody accesses the email account and forgets to sign off?
My guess is that this happens because multiple people from a bunch of different countries are accessing the account, a normal gmail account is only accessed by one maybe two people and their location is usually pretty consistent.

Yep ! someone changed the password    (wrong move or on purpose ?)
see the lab -metathread for more info.

what happened to the backup email account? groupdiy2 or something like that?  From what I remember that pw wasnt public, so the account should still be "safe", but maybe jacob decided to remove the gmail account altogether?

If im not mistaken, it was rodabod who opened the groupdiy gmail (and the backup) but maybe he gave the backup pw to someone else.

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=11097.msg131195#msg131195

Guys, I've repaired the account by answering some security questions.

The question now is, do I release the new password (or reset back to "thelab"), or do we have a security issue?

Some people may like the privacy of using the email account, which I guess is maybe why people still use it.

Anyway, you guys decide, within reason.

Cheers,

Roddy

PS. I'll be back properly at some point. I've crashed my racing bike recently and have a badly broken wrist, so can't do a great deal.

Naa, not that interesting, I'm afraid - it's simply the easy way of sharing schematics for this forum, from back when we didn't have the "Technical Documents" section..

Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back