500 series blue face 1176 rev A - Help thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little point (my $0.2): I saw only one relay at PCB. In case of use of 600 Ohm attenuator, you need to bypass both in and out,
because 600 Ohm is relatively hard load. Or, am I missed something?

Igor said:
A little point (my $0.2): I saw only one relay at PCB. In case of use of 600 Ohm attenuator, you need to bypass both in and out,
because 600 Ohm is relatively hard load. Or, am I missed something?

You mean, relay for a complete bypass?  I've not done it like that.. I've done it like the 1176, ie. it's a GR off rather than bypass.  That way, you can get nice effect without actual compression.  However if I need a complete bypass, I just do it elsewhere.. mixer insert button or disabling the insert in protools etc. 

FerrariT said:
[It would be nice if this was the REV D version!] I'd be all over this!

As there's just a few circuit changes, I have actually done a rev D PCB too.  Waiting on metal work for that too as it goes. 

Now I see. I did it with 51X-F76 too, when ratio is in "off" mode; 100% agree, very nice sounding distortion box.
However, hardware bypass is MUST for me, to have option to compare etc.
Bypassing the PT insert. Ha! In case of Digidesign converters it is effect by itself (A/D-D/A does adds in this case :)
Not much mixers have mixer insert button.
Anyway, again, my $0.2.

Longtime lurker, first-time poster!

This thing looks beautiful! I'm in for a couple of these as well!

FerrariT said:
[It would be nice if this was the REV D version!] I'd be all over this!

As there's just a few circuit changes, I have actually done a rev D PCB too.  Waiting on metal work for that too as it goes.
[/quote]

so you gonna sell rev.d and rev.a ? :)))
THATS GREAT :)))

Hey sorry for the delay.  Couple of albums on the go and also organising another batch of NV73 kits.. but I'll chase up these now.  Some parts have arrived, just need to order a couple of other parts.  Then I'll put up a webpage up with all info like the NV73.  Sorry again! 

Latest posts

Back