SB4001 - 500 Series Stereo Buss Compressor - Update On Page 3***

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
canidoit said:
Ruckus, do you know when the kit will be available?

Check back in 5 minutes

canidoit said:
Also, how does the VU work? Can it display Output or Gain Reduction? I do not see a switch to select between the two.

Just like the original console.  Meter show's gain reduction, 0-20 range scale, it is not a VU meter.

canidoit said:
Does this use a DC-DC converter and is it user selectable compatible with 51x racks?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.  It runs off of the 500/51X default +/-16V power rails.

OK guys, got pricing all figured out.  Complete kits will be $520USD + Shipping.  I was hoping to get it down lower than that but everything ended up coming in waaaay more than expected - alot of expensive parts (not including the metalwork and pcb's, to self source parts comes to around $400), add pcb's and metalwork costs on top of that and of course all of my time to kit all of this stuff, paypal fees, etc - I think this is a very fair price.

There will be 25 kits available, first come first served, this is for Prodigy-Pro members only.

Just to reiterate, this is for a complete kit, absolutely everything you need which includes of course the pcb's, all the pcb components, grayhill switches (4 of them, special ordered "shorting" versions), bourns 51 series pots (4 of them), C&K pushbutton switches, beautiful EHC machined aluminum knobs, 10 VCA's (quad VCA's for each audio path and 1 for each sidechain), professional laser cut metalwork, powder coat/silkscreened front panel, all standoffs/mounting hardware, wire, elna silmic II caps for the audio path, connectors, assembled ribbon cable (since I know alot have had problems assembling these), G/R meter, etc, etc , etc.

All long lead time items are on order (grayhill's, pots, etc).  Most of the other items will be here in 2-3 weeks, metalwork in 4, grayhills do not arrive for 8 weeks, so as soon as those come in (assuming all goes well) kits will ship the following week.

There is no "preorder" requirement, however since only limited number available you can order and reserve one if you would like at this time.

Please visit my white market for ordering info, shipping costs, etc:  All questions regarding ordering should be directed there since the white market is the proper place for that, thanks:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=40755.0

Ruckus, can you please put a list at the front of the thread on the status of how many you have on the DIY kit version left just to keep people informed on how many spots are left.

Thanks

gandhalf3 said:
Could it be possible to put DBX Glodcan VCA in it ?

Thanks, regards.

Nicolas

No, legacy VCA's can't be used here.  If you want a comp with 202's, there are other options for that (ie: GSSL, SB4000, Mixbuzz).

Latest posts

Back