15way by 2 edge conns with solder buckets

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I am trying to find a UK source of  some standard 500 series 15way by 2 card edge connectors but with solder bucket connections rather than the normal through hole type (because I don't want to mount them on a motherboard).

RS and Farnell do the through hole types but I can't seem to find any solder bucket types.

Cheers

Ian

306-015-500-102..... unobtanium without getting them from one of the US based hawkers.
I just bend the upper and lower pins of the through hole parts together and join them with a blob...... job done.

peter

Rob Flinn said:
RS do an 18 pin version that I use.  I blank off 3 pins with a bit of old circuit board. 483-865

That's brilliant Rob. Actually I don't need 15 pins; I just used that number because I thought it would be the most commonly used number. 18 pins will do fine for my tube mixers.  Cheers mate.

Cheers

Ian

I have another question concerning edge connectors. What is the removal force like? Is it really hard or really easy to pull out modules that use these card edge connectors?

The reason I ask is because I have been using DIN41612 connectors and they are very difficult to pull apart.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back