harrison mixbuss

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope to get a mix done on both in the next few days. I can post up the files when I'm done. I am having a vocalist come in to finish recording the vocals for one track today, and then I can finish up the mix. It's an acoustic track, simple arrangement, soft vocals, and then I have another song that just needs a mix which is heavy metal fun. I'll try to get both done and post samples of them up here for everyone's listening pleasure! Can't do the full songs on mixbus as demo mode emits hiss and noise randomly.

Interested in hearing the mixes.. I have been fooling around with mixbuss and have a sensation that it just sounds good..
Are you mixing with a contorl surface or your mouse??
thanks.. keep it coming..

Just using a mouse. I really wish I had a control surface sometimes. More than that, a nice big console. I actually really like the look of the Audient ASP 2802, which may be my next goal.

I still have to figure out automation in Ardour as well as a couple of routing things. I just loaded mixbus onto my iMac, which gives me right click functionality. Pretty essential in Mixbus. It won't recognize a control click on my laptop. Got the chance to just load up my jack/logic/mixbus 40 channel mixer template, and the CPU load was just over 20%, so I shouldn't hit the wall on these mixes. I still think I'll be transferring the files over to Ardour for final mix down.

Hope I can get some good results!

Mixbus is now available for windows and only 149 till the 4th of march.

I down loaded the trial but my home computer has scales and sharp teeth so it refuses to run it.  Gonna try and get it in the studio this week.  Downside is that it has no midi function, yet.  So no control surfaces or midi instruments. But they do say it's coming.

-Casey

Thinking of getting it this too... Also planning to setup dedicated linux boot drive for critical studio use.... I am mostly mixing from home studio these days so wouldn't mind checking out options other than PT. Audio drivers on linux can be an issue though. If it's windows, they use asio4all and on mac core-audio/jack.

I'm pretty sure that RME is fully linux compliant although I don't have any of their interfaces. I'll need to sort that out for multitrack output from a linux box

Cheers,
jb

My friend has Linux / Jack / Ardour box and it works fine with RME raydat. Really low latency possible with a real time kernel. I'm not too familiar how much work went to tweaking but I could ask details if anybody is interested. Probably all the details are found by searching the web as well.

I have a Harrison mixbus in my studio, it weights about 350kg and sounds amazing. If the nuclear war starts i can dive under it and survive.

Just purchased this to try out. There is sweet deal right now until Jan 02
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/website/purchase.html

Looks really cool. But kinda cracks my up how they call it "True Analog Mixing" and how in the video they say "wouldn't you rather just mix on the real thing? Designed by the company..."

Obviously NOT the real thing and obviously NOT "true analog mixing". :)

But still looks really cool. Any thoughts on the sound so far?

Sounds Good. Very analog like. Easy to get a good sounding mix.
E.Q., Compression, tape saturation on every channel sounds good.
The biggest problem was plug-ins. Now with the new 2.2 version you can buy
3 new effect packages. I've been been mixing analog for over 30 years and this
is the closest ITB mixing I've come accross. I paid $149.00 for $40.00 it's definely worth a try.
Just my opinion

I think the analog reference is from the ease of use console like layout first and foremost ( dont know about sounds yet, havent tried ). No need to hustle with plugins to complete a mix unles you want to. I believe VST plugins work if you've got windows workstation and AU plugi s for osx so there should be plenty to choose from..

More time for listening and less eyeballing menus which is exactly what i need

Back