Another famous passive EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh ooh..

..is this the groovy looking one in Cyclopedia?

I think they've got a few at Toe Rag studios in London.

Downloading now...thanks for the scans!

:thumb:

(BTW, check your mail Dave!)

Mark

You're really giving today Dave, go man, go! Der skeemos out der in www land somesplace? Thanks for that cool mixer dope too.

I haven't found any schematics of the 4031-B, but the Langevin EQ251-A (which was reverse-engineered by my friend Rick, and can be found on Gyraf's site) is nearly the same circuit according to most reports. It's been claimed that Art Davis was involved in the design of the Langevin EQ as well.

Shameless plug: the NYD EQ can give you the same curves with much less circuit complexity, albeit with nonconstant input/output impedances.

I re-engineered a pair of Hycor variant from 2dB steps to 1dB steps for a mastering house, comparing to the 251 was adequate. 

Yes, outside of small tweaks.  All evidence still suggests Art Davis or his team designed them all.  Cinema, Langevin, Hycor, Altec. 

I have searched the "1950 article by Cinema Engineering president, Art Davis, that includes info on the classic 4031-B equalizer made by his company" in everywhere and I found nothing at all!...Could someone show me the direct link to please?

Thanks anticipeted!
opacheco

Latest posts

Back