tannoy FSM and Tannoy SR840 amp schematic/cap valeus

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capstan cappy

hello

i am looking for the schematic and values of the capacitors of the Tannoy FSM dual 15 inch and Tannoy SR840 poweramp for a much needed recap, ...done it on my SRM15XB and yamaha P2200 with fantastic results , .i already saw a thread containing the ínfo for the DMT series but i don't know if they are the same values , i doubt it tbh , so the question is does anybody have this info or has done what i am about to do?..already mailed Tannoy themselves about this but i doubt they have it..

thxn in advance!
regards
melvin

in addition to hans' site there' s a tannoy yahoo group i can highly recommend .
if you dont mind the " which direction does my cable sound better " discussions that go on eventually there's a lot of info there on the files section and from the members .

ola
as expected tannoy would not gíve out their schematics due to problems in the past with copycats, ..hehehe realy? :eek:  who would do such a thing! ;) , the hilberdink site is tannoy gold only-ish it didn't hold info about the amp or the monitors BUT i saw a few other interesting things that i might need  ;D

seems i have to dissasemble the amp and filters myselve to see what's living down there, no problem it just would have been easier if i had a schematic, although it doesnt say legspaces of caps etc, ..i will report back with my findings for people who want to do the recap in the future as well, ...might be usefull 8)

chiao

pm me your email .  ;D
  due to problems in the past with copycats, ..hehehe realy? :eek:  who would do such a thing! ;)

edit :ps: if you have the feeling during your recap , that the autoformer transformer would need replacing too , let me know before you throw them away  ;)

Latest posts

Back