Looking for modushop slim line 1u and 2u system hole template for FPD.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobiesound

Hello everybody,

I've been trying to replicate the system holes of a modushop front into FPD using inkscape. So far unsuccesfull... inkscape uses a wierd system for positioning vector graphics and the dxf import from FPD doesn't import everything i want. So far the only thing that has worked is the import of the outline. In fact i don't even need the rack holes since i can generate them in FPD fine. But the absolute position of the countersunk holes for holding the panel to the rack is really giving me a headache. So does anyone have a FPD template for a 2u (1u too would be nice  8) )  rack. Or if someone could give me the absolute coordinates of the countersunk holes. Eternal gratitude awaits you and your offspring........

greetings,

Thomas

thanks hank,

great now i just need to figure out the 2u coordinates. I haven't emailed modushop about it but that'll be the first thing i'll do tommorow.

greetings,

Thomas

Haven't heard from modushop yet.... :( but after opening the files on a friends computer with illustrator i was able to find the right coordinates ( i think ) system holes are placed 29 mm from the side and 11.5 mm from the top ( or bottom) for the 2u slim line rack.

another question does anyone know the the din or ansi standard for the countersinking of the supplied front panel screws and could someone verify that they are M4.5?

greetings,

Thomas

hobiesound said:
another question does anyone know the the din or ansi standard for the countersinking of the supplied front panel screws and could someone verify that they are M4.5?

ok stupid info was already in the tape sim frontpanel..... should've been m4.

greetings,

Thomas

Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick here, but dxfs are on the relvant product page for each case on the modushop website.  You should be able to open them with a dxf viewer to check dimensions...

Is this what you need?

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

thanks for the relply. I already had the dxf and dwg files. Problem was that the program i was using to read them could not show me the absolute center coordinates (only the bottom left corner coordinate of the selection). Tried solidworks viewer but could not measure a thing.... Loaded the files into illustrator and finally i could set a reference point and measure the placement. So i think the problem is solved.

greetings,

Thomas

Latest posts

Back