SSL 4000 EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like there is some interest in these. I'll go ahead and do a small run of 50. Once these are gone it'll prob be till next year before I do another run. I'll get the ball rollin on getting the gerbers to the board house.

As far as cost per channel your looking in the range of 60.00-100.00 depending on what you already have on hand. The pots have to come from AML reguardless of weather you go with the concentrics or not. Mouser does have 25K lin center detent pots.  I wired mine with pots off board. And everything was good. A bit of work but I like it.

Board cost is gonna be 20.00USD each and that includes standard usps 1st class shipping. With delivery conf.

I'll post docs later today, right now I'm on my phone.

I do have 2 more Eq's that I'll be offering up soon. So if you can't get in on this run the next 2 are just as cool IMO.

Thanks for the interest,
Casey

Order placed.  Sorry for taking so long getting it going.  Just a little nerve racking cause I wanted to be sure that everything was the way it was supposed to be.  So I've been glaring at it for the past week checking over everything that I could think of.

I counted 15 verbal orders from members so my hopes are high that I'm not going to sit on these boards for awhile.  Like I said this is a small run with no intention to re-order till some time next year.  With that in mind, if I need to set up a white market thread I will gladly do so.

All those who have shown interest will have first go at placing an actual order when the boards arrive.  After 1 week, boards that are not claimed will be up for grabs to whomever is next in line.  I think this is fair and lets others who might come late have a shot at getting some.

I'm working on finishing up the BOM tonight and will post as soon as it's done.  I've been trying to upload the schematic to my gallery here but have not had any luck getting it to work.

Board size is 200x100mm, couldn't really get it any smaller even with the concentric pots. The Q pots are what send it over the desired 160mm mark of all the other EQ's I've seen on here.  400mm is the inside width of rack cases so the best thing to do would be to use either a 2U or 3U rack for stereo units.  IMO the best option would be a stacked stereo 3U.

If you have any questions let me know, I'll do my best to answer them.

-Casey

3nity said:
A pair of those wont fit into a 1U case?
Thanks

It will be a very tight fit. But it is possible.  Scroll back and look at the pic I posted of the guts of the prototype. That should give you some idea.

BOM is forthcoming, got really sick after my last post so I wasn't able to finish it then. It will be done soon.

-Casey

BOM as promised.

The supplier name should link to the product website.  Also some of the caps I didn't link to because I changed the footprint size from the prototype to this run so I haven't even found any for myself yet.  But I gave you the lead spacing so that should help in your search.  I also didn't give a link for resistors.....I mean, why would I want to rob you of the joy of looking those up?  ;D  All the resistors are standard 1/4W 1%.

The items in red are optional if you don't want to use the concentric pots.  Don't buy all of those pots!  That's a lot of money to misspend.

Again, if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks everybody,

-Casey

Attachments

• SSL EQ BOM.pdf
    51.3 KB · Views: 457
Thanks for posting the BOM, got it saved in mouser, haven't added all the caps yet though.

This is going to be my first EQ, and looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Back