mnats 1176 revision j no voltage after regulator

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seavote

im having problems with my 1176 build.  turned the unit on and regulator was getting very hot and voltage in was ok but only about 2Vs out. whilechecking voltages r40 and 41 began smoking and after that i test the regulator . it tested ok befor the smoke but now needs to be replaced. any ideas where in the circuit i should be looking at first? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

i understand what your saying but that thread as well as other project threads become so long  i find it difficult to find specific problems. i'll rename thread to a more specific topic so it will turn up in a search

it seems your output bias went wonky... is this a new build or a previously working unit?

also check that your output transistors are okay while you replace r40/41. (also getting really hot?)

thanks for the repy.  this is a new build. i found an error while removing R40  and 41.  due to a lifted pad the base of q8 was not connected to the circuit(the pad was lifted befor the "burn out". but i usually check for continuity as  i install components.  maybe i missed this one??)  it is possible the heat from the resistors caused a shift??  q 8 and 9 seem to be ok (tested with diode tester in circuit)after i obtain 2 4r3 ohm resistors and replace regulator i will know if this was the cause of my  problems
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back