The Rude Tube

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
are there any news about the Rude Tube II?
When is it comming?

I want to bulid a Rude Tube Mastering.
Has someone PCBs for Sale for this Project?

Did someone a comparsion between the Rude Tube and the Culture Vulture?

I also want to express my utmost interest in Rude Tube V2, and potentially an update on the progress. Thank you.

Hi
I've some problem on Rude Tube first version.
Have someone a schematic with voltages measured?
thanks!

Links and images in the first post seem all dead. Anyone got the schematics and/or audio samples? I'm toying with an idea to build something similar, would be interesting to see/hear.

flintan said:
Links and images in the first post seem all dead. Anyone got the schematics and/or audio samples? I'm toying with an idea to build something similar, would be interesting to see/hear.

::)

Like you, I've had no luck locating the "official" schematics for the Rude Tube.  I built it anyway on a breadboard with terminal strips.  See reply #82 on page 5 with a pdf attachment of some version of the schematic.  I used the schematic of guavatone's orange86 to see the starting point.  I read through this entire thread.  I found alexc's comments very useful, around page 9.

The PSU is just something I built for breadboarding, with a variable B+ from 30 Vdc - 300 Vdc.

I wired the 6AS6 cathode bias with a 220R fixed resistor into a 5k pot.  No freakin' 1mA meter.  Gives cathode bias between 0.4V and 5V, which yields cathode currents between 1.7 mA and 0.9 mA.

I wired the EF86 with 1M pot for pentode to triode mode morph.

I'm going to explore the operating points of the 6AS6 plate and screen some more, as well the variable dc bias of G3.

I haven't tried triode mode of 6AS6, or the various filtering options.

I'm just using it as a line/instrument level preamp toybox.  It's an interesting platform to explore how to color with small signal pentodes.

Best,
Jon

Latest posts

Back