RACK-IT! 500/51X -> to 19" rack and easy-to-test solution.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igor

Without talking too much:

P1060565.jpg

P1060568.jpg

P1060572.jpg

P1060592.jpg

Will there be specific cases for this? It looks so neat and I imagine is fast to do with the PCB mount XLRs, so a specific case with on/off button would be, like, great :)

Nice idea  8) 8), easy enough....

But one thing tough, so the force applied when inserting the module will be taken by the XLR pins if racked right?
Wouldn't it be better to have 4 standoffs/screws options on PCB that would be screwed on back panel so to have a better stand
And so pressure applied won't do too much harm on XLR's?
I'm saying this without even having experienced them, but just wondering.

EDIT: The depth of the standoff's could be a bitch tough, anyway just thinking....

zayance said:

But one thing tough, so the force applied when inserting the module will be taken by the XLR pins if racked right?
Wouldn't it be better to have 4 standoffs/screws options on PCB that would be screwed on back panel so to have a better stand

EDIT: The depth of the standoff's could be a bitch tough, anyway just thinking....
I guess you could just use wire to extend to the case mounted XLRs. I really like this idea! I think I might be in for 1-2 depending on price.

When do you think this will be available and will adding a power supply be easy?

plumsolly said:
canidoit said:
will adding a power supply be easy?

Looks like the PS is onboard - you just need a power transformer.

Best,

Ben
more likely you could make it work from a 3-rail +48,+24,-24VDC supply and the regulating down to +/-16V for the standard 15pin slot voltages can be done/jumpered on each adapter, if so required.
Neat idea.

(Having all 7 potentials (5 voltage rails+0V+chassis) on doubled up connectors in a following revision might help for easier daisy chaining.)

I Love It! Props to Igor!!
Maybe add 4 holes so that we can use long screws/standoffs to mount the "adapter-pcb" to the back panel?

canidoit said:
zayance said:

I guess you could just use wire to extend to the case mounted XLRs. I really like this idea! I think I might be in for 1-2 depending on price.

When do you think this will be available and will adding a power supply be easy?

yes true, but then the PCB and its socket is not holded securely, meaning that in a 51X rack, the front screw and the Card inserted gives a tight fit,
So if you rack it, you dn't want to have the Edac connector getting slowly out of its place so.....

Harpo said:
plumsolly said:
canidoit said:
will adding a power supply be easy?

Looks like the PS is onboard - you just need a power transformer.

Best,

Ben
more likely you could make it work from a 3-rail +48,+24,-24VDC supply and the regulating down to +/-16V for the standard 15pin slot voltages can be done/jumpered on each adapter, if so required.
Neat idea.

(Having all 7 potentials (5 voltage rails+0V+chassis) on doubled up connectors in a following revision might help for easier daisy chaining.)

That's what it looks like to me as well...

Dammit Igor, you seem to share my brain sometimes, as i had been thinking about this too, but your brain is much larger and more efficient than mine. Nice work!

Will the caps get in the way of enclosed type 500 series modules?
I might bend those caps going in an up angle if I was doing them?

Good catch! Maybe you could fashion some sort of L plates that allows you to screw or bolt it to the Blue API socket and case because I dont see any other room on the PCB to try and mount it somehow.
zayance said:
canidoit said:
zayance said:

yes true, but then the PCB and its socket is not holded securely, meaning that in a 51X rack, the front screw and the Card inserted gives a tight fit,
So if you rack it, you dn't want to have the Edac connector getting slowly out of its place so.....

Good catch! Maybe you could fashion some sort of L plates that allows you to screw or bolt it to the Blue API socket and case because I dont see any other room on the PCB to try and mount it somehow.

I Vote for screw holes on PCB  8), Please Igor  :-\ :)

Back