RACK-IT! 500/51X -> to 19" rack and easy-to-test solution.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are front panels available? I have the partial kit from the online store but I need the front panel, thanks

So this would basically be a smart move if I had psu that runs at 24V (running two neves) and I want to run two additional 500 modules (ssl 9k) in the same box with the respective voltage, which then would be regulated down to 16V at igor's ps?

atticmike said:
So this would basically be a smart move if I had psu that runs at 24V (running two neves) and I want to run two additional 500 modules (ssl 9k) in the same box with the respective voltage, which then would be regulated down to 16V at igor's ps?
missing another 24V psu (and probably/maybe an additional +48V supply for phantom powered mics). Your 24V psu for your neves probably is a single rail psu. These 500/51x modules are powered by dual rails, IE +24V and -24V with a 0V reference voltage in between, that is 48V between these +/-rails, if it is a +/-24V supply. These rails can get regulated down to maybe +/-16V for the api500 format 15-pin cards by the RACK-IT.

hi guys,

I cant find the "18 PIN DUAL SIDE CONNECTOR PCB TERMINALS"on mouser.. If someone can help me, please ? Where to find this ?

So what have people who've built this as a test tool used as the PSU?

Unfortunately my bench PSU is not bi-polar so I was considering getting a 48V switching PSU, putting it in a little box and then deriving the + / - 24V from that.  Seems like the cheapest and quickest option.

I've built 1 as a test supply and am in the process of building another (a more glorious one that will also run eurocard modules...)

I used a +/-24V card from dantimax for the first one, coupled with a cheapo hammond transformer. It works well enough to check a module is working fine, but the buzz from the transformer is a bit annoying..

The second one I'm using the nice little PSU card from diypartssupply and a £20 toroidal transformer from farnell...

Latest posts

Back