He-69 build/support thread. PCB's/kits-available!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igor

Here is the support thread for He-69, Helios inspired EQ.

For now, I tested the PCB's for 500/51X version, they will be available at my store
within a hour from now; rack version PCB will be available very soon.
Rackit! can be used for testing/racking this (and many others) 500/51X projects:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=45678.0

500/51X:

51x_ver.jpg

Rack version (2 channels can fit in 1RU):

rack_ver.jpg

Front view:

P1060618.jpg

Transformer version:

P1060616.jpg

Transformerless version:

P1060615.jpg

Please, download documentation and meditate to files at least 30 minutes ;)

http://ij-audio.com/downloads/HE_69.rar

PCB set is as usual, high quality, Israeli made.

Kit contains: PCB set, black Aluminum anodized, machined/engraved front,  bracket, inductors, mounting hardware, DOA sockets.

Please note, we will be able to ship the kits after Sept 28th (we almost out of brackets and ordered new batch;
it should be ready at Sept 26th).

The knobs are ELMA.
In Israel, they are available from local distributor (MOQ = 100+); in small quantities,
these knobs, usually in black, are available from Farnell.
10mm wing knob, 10mm knob, grey, without line, + black skirt with line, + black cap with line; 3.15mm shaft.

The great advantage of these knobs is they are available in sizes 9...45mm for every possible shaft,
can be stacked for concentric pots, can be used with skirt/pointer, etc. Excellent quality BTW.

http://il.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=2017+202401&Ntk=gensearch&Ntt=elma+knob&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial

Anyone build this yet? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger as I am in need of some hardawre eq. Doesn't look like it'd be too difficult of a build.

I built 8 of these EQ's at the moment. It is way more simple than 90% of my other projects.

Igor said:
I built 8 of these EQ's at the moment. It is way more simple than 90% of my other projects.

Care to share your thoughts on the plus and minuses of the transformer vs the transformerless versions? I noticed your store on diyrecordingequipment no longer is offering the partial kit anymore. Will you be selling partial kits for these again?

Cheers.
Aaron

The store is updated, kits are in stock. Thoughts...... Transformers = lows and low-mid saturation, some phase shift on highs;
generally, more iron is more 3rd harmonic (but it is shifted by 90 deg to sound in opposite to say PP circuits)....mmmm....dunno)
Last time I more and more tending to clean sound with bit of second harmonic. Too much distorting Iron is long time ago out of my style.
However, the combination which I liked very much sound-wise is LL1524 and balanced line receiver.

Thanks for the reply. I'll be getting a couple at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. Glad to hear the kits are back. ;D

Cheers.

Grummy77 said:
Thanks for the reply. I'll be getting a couple at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. Glad to hear the kits are back. ;D

Cheers.

Mm. Yep. Welcome :)

ruffrecords said:
On the mid section front panel layout I think the switch should have PK above and TR below (for trough) - not TH.

Cheers

Ian

Thanx Ian! Will fix for the next batch.

Hey Guys,
If you have any TBD link on mouser or Farnell link  I'll be very happy guy:)! sorry about my newbie question  :eek:
1  TBD  C10                               
5  TBD  MF 1/4W 1%        R10, R12, R13, R14, R15

Thanks

jandoste said:
Hey Guys,
If you have any TBD link on mouser or Farnell link  I'll be very happy guy:)! sorry about my newbie question  :eek:
1  TBD  C10                               

Thanks

TBD: To Be Determined  :)

Zobel network maybe? Don't have the schemo in front of me...

zayance said:
jandoste said:
Hey Guys,
1  TBD  C10                               

Thanks

TBD: To Be Determined  :)

Zobel network maybe? Don't have the schemo in front of me...

Thanks Zayance
TBD: To Be Determined   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
cheers,

Here. Took less than a year!!! Woa!!!!!
:)
680/560 pf. Mmm.... I'd use 5% values for all, but there is another way, connect 2 capacitors in parallel....
Cay 560 pf is 220 || 330 pf.... (roughly)

Carenhills. On back side of PCB printed inductor values at each pin. I don't have schem at this comp.
If not found, drop a line, will check and post. However, don't give a fish, but teach fishing:
Inductor datasheet and schematic/pcb!!!

Hey Igor,
I really can't understand that what I need to use for R12 and R15?

OUTPUT TRANSFORMER    T1 
1  LL1524(1517) 1:1 OR  1:2 CAN BE USED;
for 1:2 output transformer, r12/r15 should have relation 25/5.1, for example, r12=24k9/r15=5k1,
depending on which impedances your amp wants to see; for amp used with f76, i used 2k49 and 511r;
for 1:1 output transformer or transformerless,
r12/r15=50:5.1 That what I used

and also you are saying here,

1  TBD  POLY/COG 22...330 PF 50...200V  C7   
DEPENDING ON FEEDBACK RESISTOR'S VALUES AND AMP; 22PF WITH
R12=47K, 330PF WITH R12=2K5

next question is about R17! Can I use 51R ?

Thanks

Regards

Hey Igor,
I really can't understand that what I need to use for R12 and R15?

OUTPUT TRANSFORMER T1
1 LL1524(1517) 1:1 OR 1:2 CAN BE USED;
for 1:2 output transformer, r12/r15 should have relation 25/5.1, for example, r12=24k9/r15=5k1,
depending on which impedances your amp wants to see; for amp used with f76, i used 2k49 and 511r;
for 1:1 output transformer or transformerless,[/size] r12/r15=50:5.1 That what I used

and also you are saying here,

1 TBD POLY/COG 22...330 PF 50...200V C7
DEPENDING ON FEEDBACK RESISTOR'S VALUES AND AMP; 22PF WITH R12=47K, 330PF WITH R12=2K5

last question is about R17! Can I use 51R ?

Mm... OK!
Don't give a fish, but give a fishing tutorial ;)
http://ij-audio.com/downloads/HE_69.rar
File:
SCHEM_PS_IO_RELAYS.png
r17 depends on relays coil resistance. Mine are 200R; yours can be different.
Take one relay, measure the coil resistance with ohmmeter, all calculations are shown on schemo/datasheet.
The voltage on each relay should be 5V, and voltage on r17 should be 1.25V. The rest is Ohm's law.

In case of use 1:1 output transformer, use 4k99, about 200pf (+/-30% is fine), and 511R.
What transformer and discrete op-amps are used?

50K low-boost resistor. See the picture. Tie 3 pins together. Connect free pins.

Attachments

• 50k_he.JPG
    50k_he.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 145

Latest posts

Back