He-69 build/support thread. PCB's/kits-available!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Igor!
I use ll1524-l7101 and gar1731 that I used...

PS: We will fishing and driking french wine in haifa together :) don't forget it!  ::)

EDIT: gar1731 won't work with 24V...

Hey Jandoste, did you order the one seen on pic? That's a 2 Deck 2 Pole, we need a 2 deck 1 Pole here :/

As for the stop pins, the instructions of this are in the Grayhill tube, the principle is when having the Deck pins laying flat on table,
and the pot axis at a given position (shown on instructions), you insert the first pin and the last for the last position,
number of position is written on the back of the Grayhill, simple as that...
Use resistor legs a little long to try it out and see if you get the point.

zayance said:
Hey Jandoste, did you order the one seen on pic? That's a 2 Deck 2 Pole, we need a 2 deck 1 Pole here :/

As for the stop pins, the instructions of this are in the Grayhill tube, the principle is when having the Deck pins laying flat on table,
and the pot axis at a given position (shown on instructions), you insert the first pin and the last for the last position,
number of position is written on the back of the Grayhill, simple as that...
Use resistor legs a little long to try it out and see if you get the point.

Hey Zayance,
I didn't order this one:) I got the deck from digikey ::) awesome!
I was searching a picture for posting here that I found :D it on google:)
Ok, I understand how I need to drop the pins  ::)
Thanks Thanks Thanks

Hey Igor,
1- Do I need to cut pins 17/18 of card edge connector?
a- I would like use -/+24V in the furture! so can I just jump jp1/jp 2 instead of cutting pins 17/18?
b- But I use -/+16 V for the moment! PSU out is ok! so I got -/+ 16V and when I connect PSU to the board than R1/R2/R3/R6 are smoking :( ? do you have any idea?
3-On the rackit; What I need to do with three pins: Outs G and insG? and the Link conncetion must be connected how?

Thanks!

Fishing in polluted sea in Haifa.... NO!!!! On the north of Israel there are few small rivers dedicated for fishing, same, not best fun.
But for sure, some good pubs, YES!!!!!!
Attached is the stoppin picture, copy pasted from F-76 ;)

Hey Igor,
1- Do I need to cut pins 17/18 of card edge connector?

No

a- I would like use -/+24V in the furture! so can I just jump jp1/jp 2 instead of cutting pins 17/18?

He, yep. Just tell to people you using API opamps on +/-16V, it is bit different! Yes, in this case, jump +16 to +24; same jump -16 to -24,
use ONLY +/-16V power supply AND DO NOT INSTALL ANY REGULATORS (317/337) on Rackit!!!!!!

+/-16V power supply should be connected to +/-24V rails of rackit.

In future, if you like to change it to 51X format: remove all +/-16V discrete opamps;
balanced line receiver feed from +/-16 anyway; put +/-24V opamps, 317/337 to rackit, DISCONNECT 16 and 24V rails, feed +/-24V supply to +/-24V rails of rackit.

b- But I use -/+16 V for the moment! PSU out is ok! so I got -/+ 16V and when I connect PSU to the board than R1/R2/R3/R6 are smoking :( ? do you have any idea?

Remove op-amps, all IC's, recheck; this way we can know if the prob is reversed power supply cap, short or discrete opamps.

3-On the rackit; What I need to do with three pins: Outs G and insG? and the Link conncetion must be connected how?

OUTG and INPG are pins 1 of XLR's. Depending on grounding scheme, tie them to agnd (circuit analog ground) or case.
For me, agnd worked best.

LINK - do nothing, it used for compressors only to tie detectors together.

Attachments

• gh_he_stops.JPG
    gh_he_stops.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 37
Igor,
Bumped on Fcebook and I can't find you anymore :).... and I feel that I'm alone for building this HLS! I told you my problem on Facebook!So what I mean you already knew it !
I didn't understand 50K Lin boost pot! the pic is right?
P1060575.jpg

Thanks

jandoste said:
Igor,
Bumped on Fcebook and I can't find you anymore :).... and I feel that I'm alone for building this HLS! I told you my problem on Facebook!So what I mean you already knew it !
I didn't understand 50K Lin boost pot! the pic is right?
P1060575.jpg

Thanks

Answered on Facebook ;)

DUAL power supply. The picture is right.

Hi igor
Having your nice boards here now
getting slowly sorted i would like you to "nail it down" for me/ us plz..
you liked most the only output tranny version , there did you like 1:2 or 1:1 more ?
how was the original amp driven ?
I would use 24v 511x version with the Helios amp
suggested values for  the TBD  ? ::) ;D
electronic knowlegde is just getting more very slowly here...
greets
axel

ugh getting confused about those grayhills, in the bom DIGIKEY  GH7326-ND is suggested  for beeing a
71ADF30-01-1-AJS  GRAYHILL ROTARY SWITCH 1X12
but on their side this number is linked with the 71ADF30-01PAJN switch.
they have the 71ADF30-01PAJS-ND but with another Digi - number..
so as they are quite costy for 4 eqs ;D
i would like to be ceartain which one to use...
..or doesnt matter ?
thanks as always,
axel

Axelerator said:
ugh getting confused about those grayhills, in the bom DIGIKEY  GH7326-ND is suggested  for beeing a
..or doesnt matter ?
thanks as always,
axel

The one that confuses you, is not available anyhow so...

The ones that you need:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?x=24&y=12&lang=en&site=us&KeyWords=GH7328-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?x=26&y=10&lang=en&site=us&KeyWords=GH7326-ND

Interested in this EQ for the 51X rack. I loved the mids very much when I had the UAD-1 Type 69. True story, I jumped up out of my chair when I heard it the first time on electric guitar. That had never happened before or since regarding anything audio related.  :eek:

Good luck on your builds!

Axelerator said:
Hi igor
Having your nice boards here now
getting slowly sorted i would like you to "nail it down" for me/ us plz..
you liked most the only output tranny version , there did you like 1:2 or 1:1 more ?
how was the original amp driven ?
I would use 24v 511x version with the Helios amp
suggested values for  the TBD  ? ::) ;D
electronic knowlegde is just getting more very slowly here...
greets
axel

Hi Axel!

Possible to use 2:1 balanced line receiver and 1:2 out trafo, etc.

TBD's: see the schemo and BOM. In general, mekeup amp should have feedback res' with relation 2500:511
to bring the signal after passive eq to unity gain. Values depending on which impedances amp prefer to see,
mine stage (used in 51X-F76) prefer low impedance - 2k5:511R, "original" amp prefer higher impedance - say 49k9:1k2.

R17 - resistor which sets the current for relays - see schemo, all calculations are here.

zayance said:
Axelerator said:
..or doesnt matter ?
thanks as always,
axel

The one that confuses you, is not available anyhow so...

The ones that you need:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?x=24&y=12&lang=en&site=us&KeyWords=GH7328-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?x=26&y=10&lang=en&site=us&KeyWords=GH7326-ND

Agree ;)

oceres said:
Interested in this EQ for the 51X rack. I loved the mids very much when I had the UAD-1 Type 69. True story, I jumped up out of my chair when I heard it the first time on electric guitar. That had never happened before or since regarding anything audio related.  :eek:

Good luck on your builds!

It IS already done for 51X format. If need built unit - consider, I am overloaded with work already for 2 month, but...possible!

[quote author=Igor]

It IS already done for 51X format. If need built unit - consider, I am overloaded with work already for 2 month, but...possible!
[/quote]

Yes the HE69-51X is known, thanks! Will probably be the next DIY project here when the chance arrives. I've my mind on the transformerless version.

Back