Send 'N Blend Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ordered the Neutrik connectors and the nuts in the BOM?  I received mine from Mouser, and although the partnumbers seem to be correct the nuts are too large for the thread on the connectors.  I checked the Neutrik datasheets, but it looks like the BOM is correct.

Maybe a mispick from Mouser? 

Grooveteer said:
Has anyone ordered the Neutrik connectors and the nuts in the BOM?  I received mine from Mouser, and although the partnumbers seem to be correct the nuts are too large for the thread on the connectors.  I checked the Neutrik datasheets, but it looks like the BOM is correct.

Maybe a mispick from Mouser?

Sorry for the delay. 

No, you're not crazy, nor did Mouser screw up. This is my mistake, and I apologize.  I thought I intercepted it before anyone noticed, obviously I did not.  I had the wrong TRS connector listed, and accidentaly listed the type I am using on my SB4001, which are the metal bushing/gold plated type, requiring a .391 panel hole and hex nuts.  The nut I intended to list is the plastic bushing type (cheaper cost), which require the round nut.  The BOM was corrected as soon as I noticed, which was some weeks ago.  Now, either type can be used and will fit with the adapter boards, but the gold plated/metal bushing type cost more. 

So just to recap:

Metal Bushing (.391 panel hole):
TRS Connector:  Neutrik #NRJ6HM-1-AU
Hex Nut: Neutrik #NRJ-NUT-MN

Plastic Bushing TRS (.437" panel hole)
TRS Connector:  NRJ6HF
Round Nut: Neutrik #NRJNUT-MK

Daniel's (collective cases) first run of cases are intended to be used with the plastic bushing type, and have .437" holes on the back panel.  However, if there is anyone who accidentally ordered the metal bushing type, he was kind enough to save my arse and do an additional run of back panels with .391" holes to accomodate the metal bushing type.  I don't believ this will affect but a coulple people, but If anyone accidentally ordered the metal type, and is planning on using one of his cases, please indicate to him you will need the panels with the smaller holes.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for explaining. No problem at all.

I'm going to cram 8 channels into a 2U rack:

snb1z.jpg

Front panel mock-up:
snb2.jpg

Quite busy!
snb3.jpg

ruckus328 said:
Daniel's (collective cases) first run of cases are intended to be used with the plastic bushing type, and have .437" holes on the back panel.  However, if there is anyone who accidentally ordered the metal bushing type, he was kind enough to save my arse and do an additional run of back panels with .391" holes to accomodate the metal bushing type.  I don't believ this will affect but a coulple people, but If anyone accidentally ordered the metal type, and is planning on using one of his cases, please indicate to him you will need the panels with the smaller holes.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Dan shipping yet?

Its a stand alone wet / dry.  So you can basically do parallel processing for 4 channels in this one box.  Very handy!  Use it on compressors or even eq's so you can dial and shape the sound. 

Starting to source parts for my build and I see the BOM calls for 10k dual-gang linear pots quantity 8.

Shouldn't that be qty 2 dual-gang and then 2 more single-gang, since the board is for four channels but can be either dual mono or stereo switchable?

Hi Neil,
Yeah, that's how I understand it.

Michael, your BOM calls for CAP, .1uF, 50V, 5%, POLYESTER FILM but the part # is 100v.  I know higher voltage is OK, but is 100v the minimum?  I'm looking at some WIMAs that are 63v.

Also, R32 calls for 3K9, but part # lists 3.16K - was that b/c neither Mouser nor DigiKey stock a 3.16 1% @ 1/2W, and 3K9 will work just fine?

Paultec said:
Is there a schematic available for this?

:)

Unfortunately latest schematic was corrupted and lost, still working on trying to recreate from an older copy, if there's anything in particular anyone needs to know in the meantime, let me know.

Neil said:
Starting to source parts for my build and I see the BOM calls for 10k dual-gang linear pots quantity 8.

Shouldn't that be qty 2 dual-gang and then 2 more single-gang, since the board is for four channels but can be either dual mono or stereo switchable?

Yes you're correct, BOM fixed.  Should be two single gang and two dual gang.

klem said:
Hi Neil,
Yeah, that's how I understand it.

Michael, your BOM calls for CAP, .1uF, 50V, 5%, POLYESTER FILM but the part # is 100v.  I know higher voltage is OK, but is 100v the minimum?  I'm looking at some WIMAs that are 63v.

Also, R32 calls for 3K9, but part # lists 3.16K - was that b/c neither Mouser nor DigiKey stock a 3.16 1% @ 1/2W, and 3K9 will work just fine?

0.1uF - Anything 50V or higher is fine.

BOM corrected to call out correct mfg part number for 3K9 resistor.  Either 3K19 or 3K9 will work, anything from 3K - 4K will be ok here, it's just a dropping resistor for front panel LED.  3K9 recommended though as it'll draw less power.  LED is strapped across +/-18V rails with R32 in series. 

So 36V - 2V (typical voltage drop of red LED) = 34V / 3900R = 9mA current draw.

Hey Mike, the specified TRS jacks don't fit the pcb due to pins that sit between the sleeve and ring solder pins (see attached pic). On your next rev you may want to include holes for them so the jacks can sit all the way flush.

As it is now it's nothing some time with a dremel can't fix but I thought I'd let you know.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_3367.JPG
    IMG_3367.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 13
Given a few of us were unsure how to derive a center tap, and Mike's MIA status here, this is how you should wire the tx in the BOM:
primary: blue/vio + gry/brown
secondary: black, yellow, red+orange=C/T

bump.
also might want to add lin reg mounting (film pad, screw, nut) x2 on BOM.
shouldn't SPDTs be SPSTs?

Back