Send 'N Blend Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, wouldn't SPST switches make more sense considering the 2-pin connections on the board? Not that it matters a whole lot, but it might be a little cheaper for the next guy that orders...

Edit: Oops, didn't see Klem had already asked!

@Neil, you have the better attention to detail than me and brought it to my attention, I was just keeping a tab on revisions for those that come after us.  Speaking of which, TERMINAL BLOCK, 3 PIN, 2.54MM, SCREW DOWN p/n 282834-3 should be qty 22, not 19

Just wondering if anybody has the final schematic of this unit. I am about to start building, got the boards off mike, but I'm waiting for the schematics to appear in case I need to do any debugging. I know it's a very basic circuit, but still, I'd like to know just in case something goes wrong... anybody? I asked Serpent but never got an answer about the schematic. Actually if anybody has finished their unit from start to finished I'd love to hear thoughts, impressions and any gotchas :)

Just wanted to know if i messed something up.  When the unit is switched to BYPASS it puts whatever effect you have in the dryout wetreturn INTO the signal chain.  I would have thought bypass would have been the effect OUT and the unit acts as just a pass through.

Yea, sounds like you miswired something.  Bypass just makes unit a passthrough (puts wet signal direct to the output).  Look on schematic on Page 1.

quick question and possibly more to come as I finally finished this build today.  Should I not have wired up channel 2 and channel 4 pot to the board as well as too the dual pot (I have a dual pot on 1 and 3).

OK so it IS wired right, the SnB is Bypassed (making the output straight 100% wet) cool.  Awesome toy BTW... might need to do another one of these soon!!!  Love me some parallel processing!

Guys,

I only have GREAT things to say about the Send 'N Blend! It performs very well in the very small amount of time I've had to try it! Just thought I'd post a photo of my completed unit:

DSCN1707.JPG

***SNIFF SNIFF*** The down-side about the whole thing is that I have to sell my precious unit due $$ constraints (I KNOW, after ALL that hard work) - sadly this is not even a decision I get to make myself...

Anyway, there are tons more photos of my completed unit over here at my black-market classifieds thread (scroll down once you get there), but I don't want to cross-post all of that with this thread. Just wanted to share a completed photo since I haven't actually seen one ever on this forum.

hello

Can i use the SEND'n Blend PCB circuit INSIDE the SB4000 ?

If i use the Audio Input and Ouput circuit with the +15v -15v of the power supply of the compressor ?

i know if i take the PCb , i use 50% of capacity of the circuit ... but i want my Blend circuit on my SB4000 ;)

Thank you for your help

Just starting to build this now.

Was wondering if anyone had modified this so the bypass removes the effect, i.e. puts dry signal to the output.
Looking at the schem it seems the relays are setup to allow this - just needs some traces cut and some wires run?

Bypass just makes unit a passthrough (puts wet signal direct to the output).

dmp said:
Just starting to build this now.

Was wondering if anyone had modified this so the bypass removes the effect, i.e. puts dry signal to the output.
Looking at the schem it seems the relays are setup to allow this - just needs some traces cut and some wires run?

Bypass just makes unit a passthrough (puts wet signal direct to the output).

Hi,

I was thinking about building some of these sometime soon. Did you manage to make the bypass->dry out mod work?

Cheers,

Kaz

I was thinking about building some of these sometime soon. Did you manage to make the bypass->dry out mod work?

I haven't tried it yet. I am about halfway done stuffing the board. I think I'll try it before the mod.

Can anyone tell me if these pots are suitable for this build ?

with many thanks  :)

http://www.mouser.es/ProductDetail/Bourns/PTR902-1220F-B103/?qs=h2IHEVivlqAvnx%252bOskUPzQ%3d%3d

Are there some builders confirming there are not any loss (in term of sound )by using this ?

Latest posts

Back