scanning blueprints

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Do you guys who live in the u.s.. think kinko's would do a good job in scanning some delicate(old age) blue prints? Just found all well i assume all documentation on that custom api i had been blabbing about. It's all blue print schematics and board layouts, etc etc. Would love to have it digitized to preserve the originals. Any thoughts other then going to a specific blueprint shop?

What I've done for larger schematic drawings is scan it in parts and stitch them together in photoshop.
It's time consuming but produces good results.
The side benefit is that you can then resize it to a more reasonable printable size.

I am thinking something along the lines of this

http://www.colortrac.com/large-format-scanner-info/blueprint-scanner.htm Obviously not for purchase but me thinks kinko's or other speciality print shop may have it....

Ethan said:
What I've done for larger schematic drawings is scan it in parts and stitch them together in photoshop.
It's time consuming but produces good results.
The side benefit is that you can then resize it to a more reasonable printable size.

ethan that sounds like a good alternative. thanks

Staples has better prices than Kinkos around me.  I think my last job was $5 each with a single printout.
Also it is important to have a careful person scanning if your prints are folded/ripped/taped.
Mike

kinko's can scan and print at the same time.  they can give you a pdf i think...

ya, i got some to do too.  as soon as i get a round tuit.

Staples gave me a .pdf and a print.  They will give you other file formats if you ask.
Scanning at home is OK if it is 4 panes (scans) or less.  Too much time for larger sheets, or for actual rolled blueprints. 
Mike

sodderboy said:
Staples gave me a .pdf and a print.  They will give you other file formats if you ask.
Scanning at home is OK if it is 4 panes (scans) or less.  Too much time for larger sheets, or for actual rolled blueprints. 
Mike

o.k. that is good. I thought it was just for making copies. Thanks for the tip on the PDF mike. See you at aes. I'll stop by the red co booth. Speaking of red co, just got 20ft of gotham tube mic cable from them. it's nice.

Back