Fester's TG12413 in 51X format.... TG51X? Getting closer.........

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i could show you how to do the switches. You need to use a resistor ladder. There is one on the input switch and one on the output switch. The Output switch resistor list is on the schematic. The input switch is in the docs collected together

Igor please give us some news :) do you have that build guide coming ?
i'm a bit worried because if the one more skilled then i am have problems i'm sure i'll never make it without more datas !

imo,

dam amayzing all the problems you have with the parts :p did you manage to finish it ? do you have some pix of your project ?
i read many posts about the transformers. (1) (2) but after reading i still don't understand all. what transfromer are you guys going to use ?it it possible to put something different than the lundhal on the same PCB ? there's no room left for something bigger.

ok now i just went thru the pix and docs and to be honest i think this kit is not for me :p
it looks way to complicated for my skills (close to 0). i finished an ez1073 or some modules for my synth because they were "full kits" and came with a clear building color book that were really super easy to follow and i'm doing a D67 that is going quite well but the instructions + options + calibrations on this one is like talking quatum physics.

i'll keep it for some time see if some of you guys manage to finish it if not i'll have to sell it :p

igor one question. could you please sum up the difference between V1.4 and 1.2 ?

This is what Dgoszillai is talking about. I sent it to him yesterday.

Hi Robert!

My apologies. I have serious health issues, but supposed to be fixed with time.

Here is everything you need to finish the building.
Please share with another people as well.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9HeCk99hJfqYXRyTWppcjJIVm8&usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9HeCk99hJfqR3NQZzQtb1JXYVk/edit?usp=sharing

Best Regards, Igor.

I.J.Research
Professional Audio
Design And Consulting

Kapelevich Igor
Hess Str. 21/3
Haifa 33398 Israel
Mobile: (972)-545479957

I have a mostly working unit. Still trying to figure out a few details, but would be glad to help anyone who is having trouble putting it together.
There are a few stumbling blocks with wrong parts, etc, but this can all be dealt with.
Anyone in?

imo said:
I have a mostly working unit. Still trying to figure out a few details, but would be glad to help anyone who is having trouble putting it together.
There are a few stumbling blocks with wrong parts, etc, but this can all be dealt with.
Anyone in?

Hi Imo,

Yes indeed. I will be attempting to tackle this project for a pair of these in the next several weeks as and when I can find the time. It will be very helpful (and fun) to have some people to colaborate on what looks to be a fairly complex project, especially for someone as inexperianced as myself. Looking forward to it. Congrats on getting yours close to completion.

Count me in as well... have a stereo pair here, still sitting in bags unassembled.

I will be touring a bit starting next week, but will try to keep an eye on this. Its easier to answer questions when i am home and can reference the unit.
I would say to make sure that everything is done slowly.
-raise the big power transformers off the PCB with a couple of washers, but also make sure that when you mount them there is a good connection through the screws(this is the collector connection)
-when populating the front PCB(with the switches and pots) make sure to fit it into the front panel while soldering. I didn't do this and my front panel is a bit askew.
-I would replace the hold trimmer with one that allows you to adjust it while on the front panel. Makes it easier to adjust while assembled.
-get some way to test the unit out of the 500 series rack. I have a 18 pin EDAC connector that i slide the PCB in, connect the 24v,16v, and Signal generator, and i'm able to go through the unit to make sure it is working.
-there were some parts missing in my kit. Some standoffs, but also some wrong caps. Go through the parts and see what you have or don't have. I think i mentioned some of these parts in some earlier posts
Ian

Great,
What parts do we need to order before we start the builds?
Pots, transformers, resistors, caps, etc., so we'll have everything before we start.
Thanks, good luck with the tour.

you need to check your parts to see what is missing. I used some 5mm standoffs to put the pcb at the right height for the 500 series, that wasn't in my kit. I also saw that a few of the electro caps werent big enough on mine.
you will need 2 of the elna switches. I think they are 22 position switches. Those are the input and output controls, and you will build resistor ladders for both of them

what version do you guys have ?
1.4 or first version ? i have the first one i guess as i order it before september.
i can't figure out what is the difference between both

i don't understand this kit could one sum up what are the options (if any) ?

i don't understand why the the doc folder i find so many "boms"
aud_bom.txt
fp_allfeat_bom.txt
fp_simple_bom.txt

it's nice when doc dont use abreviations such as fp / aud etc .. so you have a chance to know what it is.

:p

there aren't different versions. The "full featured" is for the PCB with Hipass and others/ The other one is simplified. the BOM's are for each board

Back