Fester's TG12413 in 51X format.... TG51X? Getting closer.........

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok you might laugh here but ... there's different version of the pcb ?  i only saw one kit for mono or stereo on ijresearch :p

there are 2 different options sent with the kit, though the second doesn't fit the frontplate. Just use the "full" pcb with the switches. See the attched GIF.

Attachments

• PCB_TOP_2.PNG
    PCB_TOP_2.PNG
    18.7 KB · Views: 101
hi,

sorry no clue. you mean you have started the building already ?
anyone did ? this thing is still in my closet waiting for help or ebay :p

Probably more accurate to say I am sniffing around the build than that I have started it... I am finding the documentation quite confusing to interpret as there seems to be several different versions with different options, and I am not clear on the differences. Nonetheless, I think they will be great compressors if they capture the flavor of the original design, and if I can get them built. Collecting the components not included in the kit is my first step...

As I understand it, the only parts missing from the kit are:

- ELMA switches 2x per kit
- Meter 1x per kit
- transformer 1x per kit
- knobs 6x per kit

I'm based in London. So far I have picked up the Elma switches and the transformers:

4x Elma switches - from hifi collective (Elmas: 1 pole/24 way selector switch, 04-1133 (ELMA1/24)) These were quite pricey at £39 per, and might be able to be found elsewhere cheaper.
4x Lundahl 1524 transformers from group diy black market from ricothetroll @ 35€ per(plus postage). These seem to have been discontinued from production, so I needed to find some secondhand. Bought the two extra for my 1176 kits from Igor.

Knobs and meters are still unpurchased. Any good sources for knobs and meter would be much appreciated!

If I have missed any components not included, please let me know.

anyone knows if it's still possible to find that kit somewhere ?
or if one of you wnat to sell your
igor's site is gone but i red he was searching for someone to handle the shippings etc.

no i still have it.  :(
i'm asking this for somone here that is looking for it. i thought about selling mine to him but i'm waiting xtra months to see if for some miracle someone can build it.

Some one really out to do a TG in 500 series and slap a voltage converter on it and properly support the unit. This is crazy that so many people are just sitting here staring at the PCBs lol

I am still committed to getting this pair of compressors built. The complexity and variety of options, and lack of clear instructions (granted this is DIY!) mean that it may take me some time to prepare myself. I also need to source a few parts yet, but it will happen, hopefully within the next 6 months or so.

So, what happened here?
honnestly after a year.. i really don't understand how igor couldn't find a single day to collect more data / pictures / updates to help us here. yeah i know he's health was bad so find someone to do it ? at least a guy who can take pictures of he's 12413 unit HD and in detail. the folder he gave us is missing some steps (and reading the .txt is really not clear) or maybe he could send a functional unit to someone he trusts on the forum so we can study it closely and send it back. is that impossible ? but did he ever built one unit ? is this thing even working ?  ;D

dgoszillai said:
anyone knows if it's still possible to find that kit somewhere ?
or if one of you wnat to sell your
igor's site is gone but i red he was searching for someone to handle the shippings etc.

Well, you don't get many second chances like this, but if you're still interested, I've just listed my complete Stereo kit along with the Lundahl output transformers and meters!
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=55345.0

Latest posts

Back