Tascam 38 capstan motor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpucekov

anyone knows the value of burned resistors in capstan motor from TASCAM 38 reel to reel deck

Attachments

• DSC00205.JPG
    DSC00205.JPG
    464.5 KB · Views: 55
Probably not a resistor, but an inductor for reducing RF noise. Exact value may not be chritica

I am afraid that it is a resistor

Im trying to get a 38, that i recently bought, running. It was transporting tape before i bought it. After i replaced the belt i found the capstan not moving, However the shaft rotates nicely by hand.

The voltage to the motor is about 34v.

Inside the motor the resistor has gone char coal and measures about 6kohm.

Anybody found the right value on this resistor?

hey bill!

that would be really nice of you!

BYacey said:
Looks like a uH value inductor to me. I'll look on the schematic to see if it's shown and get back to you on this.

Hey CJ, Jakob! It's like a reunion here!

Cheers,
Bill

Something like this: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99335

noise-supressing inductor. Will work (although possibly noisy) with any low-ohmic one you put in there - even with a piece of wire.

Jakob E.

i replaced the part with a 2,2uH inductor. after doing so and cleaning surfaces, alot of stuff started breaking down.two of thoose small plates sitting around the shaft that connects with the arms got loose and the plate that all the soldering conections are on started falling apart here and there.

shiiiiiit , i thought. but made a try anyway to have it repaired. cleand and glued the plates back by hand and made som ugly soldering job. believe it or not but the motor is now running!!! how ong is the question.

Latest posts

Back