Lexicon LXP15 Issues

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

Hey guys,

I have one of these old boys here, likely the first generation in 1990.  It was acting funny and I wasn't able to change presets properly, so I went into the setups (startup + View) to clear the RAM, hoping this would bring it back to its original factory state.  Now, I can't seem to get any reverb or anything really out of the box - I hear a phasey signal, audio is getting in and out, but definitely not reverb or any effects...

Now, Lexicon states in their manual that "Do not run any test other than "Clear All RAM" unless instructed by Lexicon Customer Service" - however, I did in fact run a few of the others, just to test and they all passed.  Did this somehow mess something up?

Confused...

Thanks for any advice,
Sig

EDIT - ok, I see now that it resets ALL the input/output/algo levels internally.  I've managed to get it to give me some reverb back, but the preset thing is not making any sense here.  I have the manual, and the screen that's supposed to show up when you hit "setup", well it doesn't look like anything they're showing here.

BTW, this one is on V 1.2

Annoying%20Lexicon%20LXP15.png

Hmm... I've got one of these at work at also one in my own rack. I can't really help you by the info you gave, but I'm sure I have a lot of info about these reverbs at work.
I'll PM you everything I have about the LXP-15 as soon as I'm at work (wednesday).

just by a new one from GC online

get the extended warranty and you are set for life.

your karoke audience will love it,

get the auto pitch too.

Does anyone know where to get upgrade chips?  I believe this unit went past V2 or so - perhaps this could fix my problems.  It's still at a very old version.

Thanks,
Sig

Back