who here plays acoustic guitar?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I present Mr Levin & Mr Grimshaw.  ;)

Levin.jpg

I do as well...not as well as I play electric, but I've been playing acoustic much more lately. A nice acoustic is the one musical instrument left on my list other than a set of vintage Ludwig vistalites.

I imagine many do - including me, it's such a popular instrument.
CJ is probably starting his own band finally? WTF - over?
8)

I play many. Taylor's are my absolute favourite. A blend of old world luthier meets modern precision at affordable price. Ha, they should pay me for saying that.

I play 'em.

Brand wasn't asked but since it's being volunteered - hard to beat the tone of an older Gibson J45/50, Southern Jumbos, Gospel Doves, 200s, etc.

1930s Stella Concert Grand 12-string?  Will hold drop tuning to B or Bb - no flappiness or buzz. (Blind Willie McTell)    8)

Marik said:
Too bad the question wasn't: "Who here doesn't play acoustic guitar?"

Then my answer would've been: "Me"

Or another variation on the theme could have been "who here plays acoustic guitar well?"

I do, do you?

bought my classical gtr from the gift shop of Mozarts house in Salsberg. thought it was a sign. a decent gtr too. I play mostly my wife's epiphone with a gibson tagged nut cover. that sounds dirty....

well, its the brewery, so the topics are supposed to be phrased in a lame ass way,
plus i might have been a little buzzed when i posted,

cool responses!

Marik, we need the latest MP3,

something in F# perhaps?

i picked up a fender nat dg100 that sounds fantastic after an accidental bakeout in my 120 degree tent while i was kayaking the american river,

strings were in d when i came back, but no damage, just different tone, more sustain,
cool, since you can take a 100 dollar git to the campfire,

you do not see taylors and martins out at the campground much these days, maybe a gibson or two,

check choctaw bingo by james mcmurtry

has an f# capo on a DADGAD  tuning, took me a year to figure that out,

CJ you hangin out again .  good to see .
martin d-15 .  fishman electronics, (they're good but you can neverget that miced guit sound.) im always suprised at the acoustic sound some great local guitar players are willing to accept.   

Latest posts

Back