DIY capsules compilation

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slash14

Some news about the compilation of the old posts dealing with DIY capsules I've been working on:

- cleaning of the posts is done.
- restoring the photos is done.
- my job is being checked by rafafredd. Got no news from him for a couple of days ;)

Anyway, I think you'll have 2 versions of this compilation:
- an offline one, compressed in a zip or rar archive. Something like 100kb. Maybe a bit more when I have included the photos into the archive. It will be easier to read for some people with slow connections.
- the oher version will be an online one. You WILL HAVE to be connected to internet to see the photos into the posts. It will take more time to load anyway.

In all the cases, the source code of this new web page is nearly 1Mb (yeah, 1Mb of pure knowledge in DIY capsules :D ). It will probably take a bit of time to load into your browser but then, everything is fine.

I'm waiting for the approval of rafafredd. Then, the compilation will be posted somewhere ...

Does anyone got an idea on "where will we store these files ?"

didn´t got the final version... Please, try sending it again. But if you think it´s all right, just post it. The last version I´ve saw was already nice, with no "old look".

Great JOB!

Thanks in name of all of us!

So here it is !

The link for the online version is here:
http://slash14.free.fr/capsule_online.zip

"Online version" means that the photos are not included in the package, you'll have to be connected to internet to see them.

The offline version will be available a bit later because 1 or 2 two photos are missing in the package and are no longer (temporarily) available on the net.

Let me see some new DIY-capsules ! :D :guinness:

And Finally !

The offlne version. It's the same as the previous one but the photos have been included in the package. You no longer have to be connected to the net to read this and see the pictures.
Just unpack the archive anywhere you want and run the html file.

The link:
http://slash14.free.fr/capsule_offline.zip

The file is 1Mb approximatively.

you should change the page title of the finished file, just to prevent trouble. It has a title that recalls the old place...

Just saw on Klaus' forum somebody posted this link. Excellent reading:

http://www.shure.com/booklets/dual_diaphragm_page1.html#contents

Stewart, may be worth posting in Meta separately.

This is just great to have all this stuff back again, a big thank you to all involved.

MARIK

Thats great stuff from the Shure site. I thought I knew that site well but I have never seen this before. In fact if I go on the site, from "home" I still cant find the chain of links to lead to these pages!
Steve

[quote author="microx"]
Thats great stuff from the Shure site. I thought I knew that site well but I have never seen this before. In fact if I go on the site, from "home" I still cant find the chain of links to lead to these pages!
Steve[/quote]

From Home go to Knowledge--> KBASE-->Educational Materials-->Unique Directional Properties of Dual-Diaphragm Microphones. Kinda buried, I never saw it myself.

Damn !! Seems that my FAI deleted my files ! What a bastard !

Anyway, files are back :green:

Back