• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MXL 2001 Royer Mod Boards (BigUgly version)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Jinn

I realized I ran out and wanted more for myself, so I had another small run of these done. These are BigUgly's version, for two sided capsules but can be used for the conventional MXL 2001 Royer Mod. Fit perfectly in the 2001 housing. I just finished doing a stock MXL 2001 mod with one. It doesn't require cutting traces just relocating a couple of parts  and omitting a few parts.

PSU board included, this is BigUgly's PSU, not the Royer voltage tripler.  US$21.00/set Priority Mail USA or Regular First Class US Mail Canada. PM me if interested and for shipping options outside of N. America.  US$15 each add'l set up to how many I can fit.

****Had some more of these made with extras.

*****I do have a couple of extra G7 PSU boards, if anyone wants those instead or in addition.

******THANKS TO BIGUGLY FOR HIS DESIGN AND LETTING ME PRODUCE SOME FOR THE GROUP!!!!

*********USPS rate increase

I'm interested in a pair - do you have any pictures you could post?

PM's sent.  Here is a picture of my in progress build:

Attachments

• smallIMG_3301.jpg
    smallIMG_3301.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 667
hi blue jinn,
i emailed you regarding the two sets.  just need to know the correct paypal address and i can send funds.
please let me know.
thanks!
-grant

Apologies to anyone I missed PM'ing back. (The "real world" has been rather chaotic recently)

I only have two PSU boards left, but I have G7 PSU boards. If anyone still wants a BigUgly Royer Board, with  a G7 PSU board (essentially the same, BigUgly uses a pot instead of two fixed resistors for the capsule polarity, but otherwise pretty similar design. ) I can do that.

I am thinking of doing another run of these, as I wound up selling more of them and then realizing I wanted more for myself!

I invoiced jsefer, and that will be the last pair with a BigUgly PSU.

What's the difference between the Royer mod, the Bug Ugly version and the G7? I hear they're all similar in some ways. I have some G7 pcbs but I hear the circuit sounds a bit C12-ish and I already have C12 sounding mics, looking to make something different.

Latest posts

Back