Shipping a Neotek Elite.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemini86

My friend's studio has finally sold it's Neotek Elite, and it's being picked up by the shipper Wednesday morning. We've got all the channel strips outs and decided it best to leave the patchbay and all the signal wiring in the frame, since they made it pretty much impossible to remove it in one chunk, without cutting all the zip ties and making it near impossible to re-assemble without rewiring the whole thing. Any objections to this? Also, can the meter modules stay put in the bridge where they are? The bridge doesn't detach and I'm worried about stripping those little baby screws that hold the card to the plexi-glass.

Sad to see it go, really. Spent countless hours behind that console with my band-mates, trying to sound like rock stars.

You probably need to crate the console frame & pack the modules in very substantial double cardboard boxes. I ran console checkout @ MCI in the early 70's. We tried shipping the 416 consoles in our specially designed crate, but after a number of shiping problems went to shipping by dedicated electronic transport vans w no crating; that eliminated the damage problems.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Bill,

We're not actually shipping the console, just stripping it down for the shipper. Once it leaves the studio it's not our problem. It was actually sold via a broker, so he's the one responsible for the whole arrangement. I was a bit concerned about leaving the meter modules in the bridge, but they're encased in plex and wood, so I don't see how anything could happen to them.

Back