DECCA TREE BAR

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mata_haze

Hello,
I have built pretty much 80% of the gear I use in the studio on a daily basis, and now I am in need of a DECCA TREE BAR since I will start recording orchestras very soon.
I have been looking around to buy one but they are quite expensive, and by looking at it does not seem something too difficult to build.
has anybody ever tried welding the thing together? is there any sort of documentations on measurements?

Best,
Mattia.

Welding doesn't seem to be a obligation as seen here:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/remote-possibilities-acoustic-music-location-recording/173437-my-decca-tree-array.html

after for the measurments, most are in front of you meanin the Mic clamp threads etc....
you'll need that Triangle to be done to hold all the bars... but the oblong holes on the bars are tricky to do,
wonder if he did that or he had it made, because it's a pretty clean job, maybe that guy can help you out for the precisions...
I've build myself a Jecklin disk going with what was around on the web, bu this one looks a little more tricky,
but tottaly doable....

EDIT: Of course there are maybe all made bars out there with about the same dimensions and holes,
that are used for whatever, maybe someone has a hint about that, but i'd go have a look
in a waste dipsosal, or a DIY store for getting some ideas, if the parts looks like crap,
just need to paint them and voila haha....

Latest posts

Back