help me find a screw (those tiny ones on mic capsule holders)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingston

Hi guys,

Some years back I got several Thiersch STS 7 mic capsule holders. I didn't store them carefully enough and I lost one of the three very tiny screws to attach the capsule. One of those "needle tip" types.

I mailed Thiersch of course, but they are a bit unresponsive and would rather have me find it elsewhere first. They told me I should buy some other product from them and they'll send some screws on the side. Well no thanks, I need nothing but the screw.

The screw I need is this: ISO 7434 (DIN553) - M2 x 3mm long.

I could not find anyone that would supply it here in Finland. Where can get these?

Thanks,
Mike

I found screws for Dale's M7 capsule at my local train modelling shop. Not sure what size they were, we just went through their stock until we found the right thing.

They had a HUGE stock of odd little screws.......

Good luck
Peter

Mike,

I have some of that stuff laying around. If you could get me a clean close-up pic of the head you need there is a chance I might be able to help you. 

Best, M

Kingston said:
Hi guys,

Some years back I got several Thiersch STS 7 mic capsule holders. I didn't store them carefully enough and I lost one of the three very tiny screws to attach the capsule. One of those "needle tip" types.

I mailed Thiersch of course, but they are a bit unresponsive and would rather have me find it elsewhere first. They told me I should buy some other product from them and they'll send some screws on the side. Well no thanks, I need nothing but the screw.

The screw I need is this: ISO 7434 (DIN553) - M2 x 3mm long.

I could not find anyone that would supply it here in Finland. Where can get these?

Thanks,
Mike

+1 on asking your local train modelling shop.

If else fails, you can order them here (French shop but they speak English)
http://www.micro-modele.fr/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=22&Itemid=7&lang=en

They sell by 10 units. available in regular steel 1€20 for 10 or stainless steel 3€10
+ shipping of course!

Axel

Mike,

I am in İstanbul at the moment but I will be back on 25th October. E-mail me to remind and I will post you some on my return.

oops missed the part where you said you've tried Thiersch....
hmmm well i remember asking them quite a while after buying from them,
maybe too many people loosing them...

I have been using these guys recently - very good service!

http://www.pts-uk.com/Products/00060003

Hope that helps. I'm placing an order soon and could add stuff to that, if they don't ship to Finland.

went to the model train shop. They didn't quite have what I was looking for. But Thiersch finally contacted me again and will send spares. Solved!  ;D

Latest posts

Back