here are some depressing numbers about the music business =(

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't knocking the Dandy Warhols, I'm just a closet Third Eye Blind fan (seriously).  I know they are a bunch of pretty boys playing pop rock, but I think they have some actual chops and they get me bopping my head.  There is also some real rock buttressing up their shiny pop facade.

The 90's is a tough decade for bad rock.  The 80's and the 2000's were much easier.  I guess the Spice Girls were pretty big in '97.  That would be my pick.

Oh whoops sorry. Bands with ginormous hits are better judged on their albums and shows than their radio hits. Now I've got "doot doot doot.  doot da doot doo. doot doot doot" stuck in my head. (My band covered this song so I'm on no high horse here - paying frat gigs changed the setlist dramatically - had to grit my teeth through The Verve Pipe, yikes.)

I hear Radiohead are pretty good but I couldn't give them the time of day after hearing that creep song over and over and over and over and over.

Many times I tried to explain to people - semisonic are awesome live!! But once radio started spinning "Closing Time" 4x/hr. no one believed me. So I've been on both sides of this bias.

kepeb said:
husker du!!!

Oh yeah! I wanted my band to sound just like them in 1987 - which in retrospect is a lame copycat move. A couple years later I wanted to sound like Wire. These days I just sound like myself which is lame in a whole different way. But at least it's true to life.

lol, :)
good for you.

be your own lame!

Husker Du were great, terrible recordings tho, that probably didnt help.

Back