JeanRenaud Rortary Switches for BFE/Filtek MK3 Equalizers...?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootyfox

Hello!

My Filtek Mk3 Eq seems to have a broken Rotary Switch (lo-freq gain) - the actual gain can only be heard "between" some of the switch positions, otherwise there is no change regardless of the gain-setting of this switch. I am led to think that this switch has some mechanical defect. They seem impossible to open up though, and now I am desperately trying to find a new/replacement switch for it.

After searching without any results I am trying my luck here. Please see the pictures for more details. These switches seem to be out of production for a long time now. If anyone knows a replacement or has some spare switches, feel free to contact me!

It is a 12 position rotary switch btw.

Attachments

• renaud.jpg
    renaud.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 40
After pulling one of these exact type of switches out of a double-sided board and replacing it, I found that the original returned to normal operation after putting it in an ultrasonic bath. I understand others have had luck using contact cleaner. I'd advise that you learn from my stupidity and try cleaning it first before going through the agony of trying to replace it.

Before you ask - no, I don't have any spares!

Thanks a lot for all your helpful replies!

I will contact Colin, thanks for the advice!

And I need to check if that Elma switch might fit on the PCB - thanks for that as well  :)

About the ultrasonic bath - I've never taken one. How does one do this?(bathrub, soap, lots of bats...?)
I do still think that it's a mechanical failure, the switch sounds like something is slightly loose inside.

I have a few unsoldered Elma type 08, 12 position 2 deck that I'm not going to use. The exact type is 08-2114-01 and it looks similar to this:

http://elma.com/Americas/English/Products/RotarySwitches_4/SelectorSwitches_30/374.aspx

Not sure if it will fit but let me know if you are interested.

warpie said:
I have a few unsoldered Elma type 08, 12 position 2 deck that I'm not going to use. The exact type is 08-2114-01 and it looks similar to this:

http://elma.com/Americas/English/Products/RotarySwitches_4/SelectorSwitches_30/374.aspx

Not sure if it will fit but let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer - I might indeed be interested, please pm me the price :)

Thanks

Latest posts

Back