New Decca tree?!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mulletchuck said:
neat!  Does anyone record orchestral music anymore who is not in hollywood, tho?    (that was the primary target originally)

Looks like this guy is, for one:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=45762.msg573335#msg573335

Even if only scale, the cost of paying the orchestra 30-60 people , sometimes more
makes it an expensive venture , and as the patronage literally dies out support is waning
so the the modern orchestra must reinvent themselves , besides doing a live concert recording
is usually marred with older people coughing , hear aids feeding back , restless kids and
sometimes creeky floored churches . When the laws change for tabacco advertising , the
new music festival here took a big hit and it's been downgrading every year ever since .

back to the topic , Yes , but less & less.  AKG  at one time [ 60's early 70's ? ] marketed
a motorized device which controlled three cables in a triangle for moving the position
of the main pair [ not sure how many they ever sold ]

I'm not detracting the product.  if any of ya have seen my 1-hr sketches thread, you'll know that I love writing orchestral music.    But Orchestras are just so expensive, the only real place for them left in the U.S. is on a hollywood scoring stage or at a music conservatory, unfortunately.  :(

Latest posts

Back