Checking a used scope - and using it to scope my new Green Pres

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteC

Hi

I just finished my dual green pres , so thanks to this forum I now have a GSSL , 2x G Pultecs and 2 Green Pres in my project studio.

I did post in the "All Things Green" thread asking if anyone could check if my Green Pre voltages looked right - but its awful quiet on that thread at the moment !

Anyway - I just acquired a used scope - its a Tektronix 465 scope . Unfortunately it had a fall down some steps but seems to have survived miraculously.

I just ran a sine wave through it and seems to be working OK.

2 Questions as I'm a guitar player not a scope expert .....

1) How can I test the scope to see if its working well across its various functions, given its recent fall ?
2) As a beginner when it comes to scopes, how could I use this to learn about/test the green pres I just built ( and my other builds )

all suggestions welcome

Rgds
PeteC

Do you have its manual? If so, go through the calibration procedure and check everything corresponds with the factory specification. I don't know the 465, but both my scopes have terminals at the front where you connect the probe to calibrate them.

To be honest, if you're just building the typical analogue projects discussed here, if it passes a clean waveform up to somewhere around 20K you'll be ok. Make sure it shows a clean square wave btw - this is important (the calibration procedure should involve this - ensuring minimum overshoot).

Justin

Latest posts

Back