[GROUP BUY] G9 in 51X format (CLOSED, ALL STOCK GONE)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the footprint for the input transformer ?  can it take any options ?
I ask because I wonder why the original  wasn't made with a 1:10 type

I the footprint takes the Cinemag Jensen style that should provide options , thanks
note too that the pinout for the Lundhal 1528 , is different than the 1538  [ which I believe
is electrically the same AND more common . ]

and is something I'd try myself . thanks for the fpd template

I posted the input and output options somewhere toward the beginning of this thread, if i remember right. The oep could be wired for 1:13 with some trace cutting and jumping. Not sure about the cinemag or the lundahl.

okgb said:
note too that the pinout for the Lundhal 1528 , is different than the 1538  [ which I believe
is electrically the same AND more common . ]

I originally designed the layout with the 1528, but then switched to the 1538 because the pinout difference made the layout less complicated. For this application, I don't see the need for dual secondaries. Also note that by using the LL1538 footprint, the LL1576 (1+1:7) and LL1578 (1+1:10) can be used without modification.

Good move , I think the 1538xl's Rock for a 1:5 type , except they seem to be pricey , thanks
[ better shielding and extra low end handling I believe ]

I don't think there's room enough for the XL, but the regular 1538 footprint fits nicely. You only gain 3dB additional input headroom (with the XL version), so I don't think the price jump is worth it.

That's on my list of things to do. I have a rough list, but i want to get a very organized bom with part numbers for the critical items going. This week for sure.

Just a quick update:

I've been refining the fit of the PCBs to the L-bracket (after trying to do some metal work and finding some small dimensional discrepancies). I drew up a pretty rough CAD drawing of a finished L bracket and sent it to a local metal fabricator here in my city. Waiting on a quote from them.

Also cleaning up/organizing the BOM, thanks for your patience, guys!

PS - To everyone who wants a face-plate/metalwork kit:

What do you think about the faceplate styling??? If we can all agree on the design, I can order the whole lot from FPE and get a discount. If we order 10 pieces, the price drops from 31.35 each to 25.08 each, and I can ship them out with the PCBs to consolidate shipping.

It's an FPD file, you have to rename it and open with Front Panel Designer.

But here's a screen cap. of the panel.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 101
A basic design is fine  [ for me  ] on the face plate , but 25.00 still sounds pricey , unless
it costs more for me to order only two by myself , thanks for putting in the time !

This looks like a wonderful project.

Please put me down for 4 PCB sets.  I can't find your email (not visible in profile), could you send it and I will paypal you the money.

If you establish a price for the front panels I am in for 2 front panels.

If you get a price for metal work, I would go for it too probably.

Thanks for doing all the work here!

Bruce

I posted before, but things are getting buried. It's roddycluff AT hotmail DOT com. I've modified the first post with price info.

ok, set payment for 4 sets of PCB's.  Let us know when you have prices for Front Panel and/or metal.

Latest posts

Back