[GROUP BUY] G9 in 51X format (CLOSED, ALL STOCK GONE)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely not. I knew that the holidays would be busy for some people, so I have extras. All relevant info is in the first post of this thread.

Albrebreton said:
Hi Rodney, sorry, I been disconnected these holidays and I missed it too.
Is it too late to add also 2 faceplates and brackets to the 2 PCB sets already paid?
Best Regards.
Alberto

No problem, Alberto.

Received...

Sitting here at home, feeling torn between taking my dogs out to the park to play, or waiting for the UPS guy to show up. I have this feeling if I leave, I'll get the dreaded door sticker.

Just a teaser update. Everything came in today. I'm in the process of taking some pics, fitting some of the critical mechanical components and checking that things line up the way I had planned. It's looking very, very good so far. Will post pics tomorrow.

--- Important note --

The BOM has been updated (attached to this post for your convenience). I've made my mounting holes a tad too small for 6/32 screws, so I've switched to 4/40 screws for the tube board standoffs. Other than that, I haven't run into any problems with the pcb fit.

Attachments

• G9-51X-BOM.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 51
Got my 4 full kits today and they look great!

Can't wait to get going.

The quality is so high, would you mind posting 3 bits of information if you don't consider it confidential:
1) Who made the cards and faceplate (PCB-CART?)
2) Who made the L-Bracket (it is really nice).
3) What special specifications do you need to provide to get a faceplate made (board thickness, and how did you get the back of the faceplate to be without soldermask and (copper/gold) which is it?

Anyway... Really awesome looking parts...

I used PCB cart for the PCBs, I emailed ahead of ordering to make sure they would do the faceplates and guarantee the silkscreen quality (looks like they put it on extra thick). They are very very good with communication and making sure everything will be the way you want it. They always find little nitpick errors and things I forget to think about. Overall good quality company. The only minor problem I've had with them is that faceplate hole thing. Some of the holes aren't perfectly round, perfect size, etc but I'm not too bent up about it. As for the gold on the back, that's all specified in the quote, then just make sure the gerbers are all there. The rest of the details were just by email.

I wish the soldermask was a little better, some blemishes and stuff that bugs me, but not bad.

A designed the bracket in sketchup with my 3D model of the boards all laid out, then imported that into Emachineshop cad software, which I then had to tweak a bit to get to work. That software is great, but it can be a bit to figure out at first. Then all I had to do was send the files and then give them my credit card. I was really pleased with the way those turned out. Just wish I had ordered more than I did. I didn't realize the metal and faceplate kits would be such a hit.

Announcement:

The group buy is closed and PCB sets/brackets/faceplates are being shipped out asap, there are limited leftovers/extras. PLEASE PM OR EMAIL ME BEFORE SENDING ME MONEY.

Ok, looks like the brackets and all but 2 faceplates are gone. That was fast.

Got my pcb's last night, very impressive build quality. I think these have just moved to the front of my backlog. Really looking forward to putting them together. The face plates look great too. Fantastic work!

Hi gemini, one question, when have you made the shippment?

I am from Argentina, so i guess it would take between 14-21 days to get here :) only to know if there is any trouble with shippment.

Thank you!

Some have been shipped, some are going to ship this week. You will each get an email from stamps.com to confirm shipment, as well as a tracking number where available.

gemini86 said:
Some have been shipped, some are going to ship this week. You will each get an email from stamps.com to confirm shipment, as well as a tracking number where available.
Okey thanks for the reply i will be waiting for the mail to arrive :)

Okay, now that everything is shipped out, I want to dip a toe into the water here...

How many of you guys are wanting brackets/faceplates still? I have PCB sets left, but no hardware and people keep asking about them. If there's enough of you needing them still (or maybe in the future sometime) I'll put together another order. The only catch is that since it will be a smaller order, the price has to go up. Probably closer to 20 per set, depending on price.

Any who are interested, please raise your hand...

Latest posts

Back