[GROUP BUY] G9 in 51X format (CLOSED, ALL STOCK GONE)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would do another pair if they where ever available again.
I love them,  use them somewhere on every session.  Just did a banjo session yesterday and GIX was the winning pre for that.

I hope to someday do another run, with a couple revisions/improvements and a completely redesigned, possibly pre-assembled HV converter. Whether or not that can realistically happen anytime soon, who knows. I'm currently working two jobs to make ends meet, so free time is zip.

I picked up a pair of these unbuilt in the Blackmarket back in November.  It was hands down one of the fastest and easiest builds I've done.  The only thing that tripped me up was finding a couple of properly sized caps in a couple of spots.

The HV module could be made as a totally separate project.  I was looking at doing one for powering a couple of tubes in another project without having to buy a HV transformer.

I havent build mine yet, since i couldnt find some components with right measures(some were out of stock from mouser when i ordered and others.. i missed the measures :p). Hoping to build it soon since my lunchbox is nearly in my studio :)

Back